Luke Skywalker costume and prop from The Last Jedi - POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Thanks for the feedback, overall for a first attempt I am pretty happy with it. It will be interesting to see what info can be gleaned when some new reference is available. In the meantime I think this one is destined for my 5 year old niece, I owe her a walking stick for her birthday.

Xvj7P1Yl.jpg 57pr3p0l.jpg

The one on the left is a new version with a walnut stain. The one on the right is my first version. I think a few coats of the walnut to make it darker is going to be a good color match.

Absolutely dead bang! I'm meeting Hamill in October...can't wait to be carrying this!
(I hope!)

Last edited:
I am really excited about this cane/walking stick. I have had to use a cane, but fortunately don't now. I notice on your prototypes the shaft is flat with the corners rounded. In a zoom of the picture the head looks flat, but the shaft looks round (like it was done on a lathe). Could it be that the head and shaft are separate pieces with the joint hidden under the leather wrap? The prop may not even really be wood. I want to make this, but I wish there was more reference material.

Yours looks great. I just wish there were more pictures!

I took the first image and did some photoshop work to make a template. I basically cut look out of the picture and just left the cane. You can still see a little of his hand over the leather wrap. Here it is if anyone needs it.

cane template.jpg

I love the newest version. Do U have a close up of the leather? Is it sticky on one side or do u have to glue it on?
Actually I just tacked it on. Mainly because I wasn't sure I was going to keep these and then I could reuse the leather. So it's just wrapped tight with two Brad nails on each end on the ones in the picture.
2aba344d83d9cf52e77cde99e9e29d98.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I did a rough start on mine this morning. Finally getting my work shop together. Still have a few things to bring over from the garage but I now have more outlets so I can hook up the tools on my center bench.

I stole this pine from a job site, it was left over. I have a even larger piece to make a mantle for my mom
63f2b4c4e9abbcdec0402b19271d39c2.jpg

aaa9746b35fcd000e42a7a95f05eefc0.jpg

f13b84b2339bf349f61c9184e33976ec.jpg

b4eaa07dfcec0fac826c200af097db03.jpg

99b0e0a0f236704917b66947e78a6ae2.jpg

553d68601673865c15ad3ed6d5c30df7.jpg

Gotta bring the table sander home next weekend and start rounding it. I'm tall so I did 42 inches long but am probably going to cut it shorter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back