My bud played Vader in a cool Rogue One-themed charity skit.

The Wook

Master Member
I received this video from a buddy of mine who is an excellent Darth Vader. He's 6' 5", 250 lbs., and takes a lot of pride in his costume. I'm no Vader costume expert like some of you fellas, but my SWIQ tells me he looks damn good. Of course, I did tell him I'd preferred if he'd slowed down a bit, but I was only joking (half-joking...lol) because I knew he had to motor around the stage and audience floor to keep up with the story. It's not easy having to sync up your movements and gestures to a recorded track in a live setting--I know, as I've had to do it myself, on shows like Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which had the added challenge of timing the opening my mouth for Chewie's vocalizations played in the studio.

At any rate, this is very cool. The entire production was done in-house with volunteers for charity to benefit disadvantaged children. My buddy said it was a blast--I wish I could've been a part of it...or even just there to see it live.

https://vimeo.com/227145858/68935274df

The Wook

Last edited:
Very cool! Between the Vader mask, moving lights and general darkness in the room, I was afraid your pal might take a tumble on those stairs but he did really well. I'll bet the kids absolutely loved it, too.

Back in 78 our elementary school paid some local hack group to do a Star Wars thingy in the lunchroom/ auditorium. Vader had a spray painted paint bucket on his head with a bunch of Legos on his chest box. I was embarrassed for them. My friends wanted to see the 'spaceship' they came in.......it was a late 60's Vanagon pulling a pop up trailer.
What a hunk of junk.

Glad your buddy pulled of a quality production and did it justice.

Very cool, and a great Vader costume. But I hope they fix the neck joint in the final version :p
neck.jpg

Very cool, and a great Vader costume. But I hope they fix the neck joint in the final version :p
View attachment 746991

Ooof...tough crowd. lol

But yeah, he's just the right size for Vader, and fills out the suit as well as anyone who is not named David Prowse. Here's a better lit shot of him in costume, plus a street-clothes shot of him last year, comparing guns with the legendary, and remarkably still huge, Mr. Prowse!!

PaulVader1.jpg

PaulVader.jpg

The Wook

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back