Plastic Casing for Airsoft

SargeB96

Hi, everyone

I'm wondering if anyone one might have a tutorial or the like for what materials and/or steps it would take to modify or add to the casing of an airsoft gun. I'm wanting to build sci-fi guns with working parts, but I don't have access to real fire arms and airsoft is the next bast thing. I figured this would be easy after I was told that the pulse rifle in Aliens was a Thompson machine gun in a casing to give it its look.

Any help is really appreciated

Thank you

SargeB96 I have quite a bit of experience with airsoft mods and I can say that it really comes down to what you want your airsoft gun to do. If you want to retain its function as an airsoft gun, you have to understand how the gun works and work around moving parts. Materials like Styrene, PVC sheet and PVC pipe are great for adding detail directly on as they are strong, durable materials that hold up, and Body Filler can be used to blend pieces together and cover over areas you want to hide on the base gun.

I did some custom work on an airsoft revolver here that might give you an idea on how to approach your build, as I had to work around the function of the base revolver. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back