MCU Spider-Man Homecoming ELECTRONIC lenses!!!

Hey, I'm not happy with the shutters flapping around loose inside the mask, so I'm going to build self contained units. The only problem is, these need 3D printing, and my 3D printer is running solid at the moment printing Batman stuff ready for the 10th September. The project will recommence as soon as the Batman stuff is done.

In other news, I will be offering sale of the holographic projection modules (from the end of Civil War within the next few weeks. I am working closely with Ken Landrum. He is designing web shooters to fit them in nice and snug.

The projection modules will display the image that he designed over on his own thread which is the same as the one projected at the end of Civil War. They will be around £15 for 1 and £20 for 2 + shipping. Stay tuned for these. They ARE coming. We've already printed out and tested prototypes and they are FRICKIN AWESOME!!!!!

I'm a huge Batman fan... What Batman projects are you printing? You should start a thread in the DC section on here!

Hey, I'm not happy with the shutters flapping around loose inside the mask, so I'm going to build self contained units. The only problem is, these need 3D printing, and my 3D printer is running solid at the moment printing Batman stuff ready for the 10th September. The project will recommence as soon as the Batman stuff is done.

In other news, I will be offering sale of the holographic projection modules (from the end of Civil War within the next few weeks. I am working closely with Ken Landrum. He is designing web shooters to fit them in nice and snug.

The projection modules will display the image that he designed over on his own thread which is the same as the one projected at the end of Civil War. They will be around £15 for 1 and £20 for 2 + shipping. Stay tuned for these. They ARE coming. We've already printed out and tested prototypes and they are FRICKIN AWESOME!!!!!
Will these be included as a web shooter set? or will we need to print the files separately?

Hey 7sinzz! I am a fan of your work with the electronic eyes, they look amazing! One question though since I am new to arduino and the RPF I was wondering how you were able to program the Arduino pro mini without a FTDI basic breakout to power it. Can you just hook it up from the breadboard straight to the computer with a USB to serial converter? Or do you need the the FTDI basic? Sorry for all these questions I'm just trying to figure it out is all

Hey 7sinzz! I am a fan of your work with the electronic eyes, they look amazing! One question though since I am new to arduino and the RPF I was wondering how you were able to program the Arduino pro mini without a FTDI basic breakout to power it. Can you just hook it up from the breadboard straight to the computer with a USB to serial converter? Or do you need the the FTDI basic? Sorry for all these questions I'm just trying to figure it out is all 

Thanks for the kind words. You will need to buy an FTDI cable. I really do need to add that to the first post.

For everyone else reading, I have now printed the shutter container thingies and installed the shutters into the left one, I'll do the right one later... they are looking sweet.

Hopefully get some photos up later. Huge thanks to Ken for smoothing out the files for me.

Here's some previews of the projectors I will be selling soon... The first image is just a photoshopped proof of concept, the others demo how clear the projection is even with batteries that are almost dead. The shooters will be available via Ken Landrum and have been specifically designed to house my projector modules.

21208529_1623895130962517_863764096_n.jpg21216268_10155004305103553_845635274_o.jpg21198462_10155004305113553_1886347121_o.jpg21056248_1216645811774777_2027542445187132314_o.jpg21122577_1216645771774781_3622359546463406778_o.jpg

Here's some previews of the projectors I will be selling soon... The first image is just a photoshopped proof of concept, the others demo how clear the projection is even with batteries that are almost dead. The shooters will be available via Ken Landrum and have been specifically designed to house my projector modules.

View attachment 755482View attachment 755483View attachment 755481View attachment 755479View attachment 755480

As Peter Parker would say it, THAT IS AWESOME!!!!

View attachment 755482View attachment 755483View attachment 755481View attachment 755479View attachment 755480
That looks really great! Also, It may not present itself very well, but notice the blue lights along the back of the wrist...
Blue Lights.png

I also want that blue glow, and will probably install it onto my own set, but I can't imagine it's going to be easy. Space is very limited.
I see. If you could run blue EL wire through some grooves and weave it in, that may work. Really looking forward to you finishing!

Hey everyone, I want to give you all a sneak preview of the projector units that I will soon be offering for sale.

So here is the design:

21245499_10155011035138553_38623956_n.jpg

They will be available for sale in about 2 weeks. They are a VERY reasonable price. I'll also make a demo video to show how awesome they look, with links to Kens custom built shooter to install them into. Th shooter files will be available for download, or purchase the actual shooters via Shapeways.

In response to 5PIDERM4N, I haave also devised a method to make the light rings around the shooters, and this will be revealed soon.

Blue Lights.png

As for my spidey lenses. I have FINALLY managed to get the servos to move at a reasonable speed, and they're pulling enough torque to open and close the shutters.

Last edited:
@ 7sinzz

This is awesome! I can't wait until those are for sale! Also, looking forward to seeing the progress on your spider lenses!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, I want to give you all a sneak preview of the projector units that I will soon be offering for sale.

So here is the design:

View attachment 755965

They will be available for sale in about 2 weeks. They are a VERY reasonable price. I'll also make a demo video to show how awesome they look, with links to Kens custom built shooter to install them into. Th shooter files will be available for download, or purchase the actual shooters via Shapeways.

In response to 5PIDERM4N, I haave also devised a method to make the light rings around the shooters, and this will be revealed soon.

View attachment 755966

As for my spidey lenses. I have FINALLY managed to get the servos to move at a reasonable speed, and they're pulling enough torque to open and close the shutters.
Looks very promising! I mean, anything from Stark Industries has to be good :lol

As simple as the moving lenses seem (to non-technical people) there is a lot of research and development to really make them work. You're making great progress. Very cool!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back