MCU Spider-Man Homecoming ELECTRONIC lenses!!!

TJack is sending me some of his Faceshells to work on from the USA. They were posted today so I should be receiving them in a couple of days. The remainder of the project will be working on one of these, so I'll be waiting until they arrive before continuing. I might give the servos a test run in the meantime and start playing with some code. I have 3 comissions on simultaneously though, so my time must be shared equally. Head over to TJacks thread to have a look at his shells :)

TJack Faceshells - Sale Price!
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=275453

Unlimited run MCU/Civil War Face Shells and lens kits
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=275080

Today begins the testing, I wrote some basic code, got everything hooked up... realised I forgot to charge the batteries. So now I'm waiting for them to charge.

Time for a disclaimer
At this point I want to say that if anybody uses my methods for Youtube or any social media stuff, please apply full credits to my Facebook page and Youtube Channel: "Candee Geeks" with appropriate links.
It is also worth noting that I do NOT authorise people to use this instructional for personal monetary gain without contacting me first and reaching an agreement. I will likely give full rights on a % per sale basis to any company or person that wishes to install my setup into their commissions.
If you can't do this yourself and want a kit, hit me up directly and I'm sure we can work something out.
If you do find someone using this method for sales, please let me know.
If you do own a prop making business, hit me up, lets talk.
Basically just be fair! :)

Anyway, looks like the batteries are charged now, so lets have a play.

Today begins the testing, I wrote some basic code, got everything hooked up... realised I forgot to charge the batteries. So now I'm waiting for them to charge.

Time for a disclaimer
At this point I want to say that if anybody uses my methods for Youtube or any social media stuff, please apply full credits to my Facebook page and Youtube Channel: "Candee Geeks" with appropriate links.
It is also worth noting that I do NOT authorise people to use this instructional for personal monetary gain without contacting me first and reaching an agreement. I will likely give full rights on a % per sale basis to any company or person that wishes to install my setup into their commissions.
If you can't do this yourself and want a kit, hit me up directly and I'm sure we can work something out.
If you do find someone using this method for sales, please let me know.
If you do own a prop making business, hit me up, lets talk.
Basically just be fair! :)

Anyway, looks like the batteries are charged now, so lets have a play.
Yeah I have to agree with you on that :lol!
I would love to see some pictures... :popcorn

Have been very busy over the last few days and only managed to get an hours worth of messing around.
I have got the servos moving during this time, but they're super twitchy, so that needs sorting. Hopefully i can get another spare couple of hours in the next couple of days. Once i get them running smoothly, it wont take long at all to write all of the code.

OK here is my test code with placeholder functions. You can read my comments in the code to see what the functions will be, and feel free to add more options.

As you can see, the code basically closes one eyelid then opens it again and waits for 3 seconds before repeating. I also use the servo.detach function to stop the annoying buzzing sound. The functions for different expressions are basically variations of this. I will be using booleans to stop the loops. Next step, write all of spideys expressions, then write the bluetooth receiver.

Any question? Sweet. See ya in a few days. I'll still be around to reply to comments. It's been pretty quiet in here...

Code:
#include <Servo.h> 

Servo rightTop; // Define top right eyelid
Servo rightBottom; // define bottom right eyelid
Servo leftTop; // Define top left eyelid
Servo leftBottom; // Define bottom left eyelid

boolean open = false;

// code for RGB LED's in the eyes:
int red = 2;
int green = 4;
int blue = 7;

void setup() 
{ 
  pinMode (green, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite (green, HIGH);
  pinMode (blue, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite (blue, HIGH);
  pinMode (red, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite (red, HIGH);
  rightTop.attach(3);
  rightBottom.attach(5);
  leftTop.attach(6);
  leftBottom.attach(9);
  rightTop.writeMicroseconds(0);  // set servo to 0 position when mask is powered on
  rightBottom.writeMicroseconds(0);  // set servo to 0 position when mask is powered on
  leftTop.writeMicroseconds(0);  // set servo to 0 position when mask is powered on
  leftBottom.writeMicroseconds(0);  // set servo to 0 position when mask is powered on
  delay(1000); // Wait for servos to reach 0 position
  rightTop.detach();
  rightBottom.detach();
  leftTop.detach();
  leftBottom.detach();

} 

// test code
void loop() {
  rightTop.attach(3);
  rightTop.writeMicroseconds(0);  // Ensure servo is at start point
  delay(500);
  rightTop.writeMicroseconds(2000);  // Take servo to maximum position
  delay(500);
  rightTop.detach();
delay(3000);
  } 

//Eyes fully closed, squinting
void closed() {

}

void winkL() {

}

void winkR(){

}

void Open(){

}

//Spidey has seen something cute
void bottomLidsUp(){

}

//Instakill squints both eyes and shines red LED.. Later it will create Karen sound effect "Instakill mode activated"
void instakill(){

}

//Malfunction has both eyes flickering up and down possibly LED's changing colour
void malfunction(){

}

Last edited by a moderator:
OK here's a demo video of one servo moving using the code above. I'm waiting for Tjacks face shells to arrive now, then I'll just complete the project.

https://www.facebook.com/CandeeGeeks/videos/1201329389973086/

SOMEBODY TALK TO MEEEEEEEEEE :'(

It's lonely in here

Cool, cool, cool, cool. I made some quick STL's for the separate lense eyelids that might work with this setup. I'd love to help out with this and if you'd like to see 'em just send me a pm and I'll send you the lenses. Thanks.

Yay, I'm glad people came back to talk to me :) We can have a little party together while I wait for the rest of my stuff to arrive. Has anybody got any alcohol?

I'm very impatient with this. Could you please pm me when you put a link to a video so I can add it to my thread about moving lenses?

- - - Updated - - -

You're already on the list but I want a video for my thread

Spidey.jpg

Bought the suit from "Heros Time". The quality is AWESOME!!!! I also ordered a second mask which will fit the face shell into.

I spoke to TJack today, and he tells me postage takes around two weeks, so I think it will be here in the next few days.

I've also been provided some EPIC lense STL's by Crazybug. Wrap your eyeballs round these bad-boys...

screenshot.1.png

Is anybody here worried about the set up part of this? How detailed is my tutorial going to need to be? I was kinda just thinking of showing the code, how to wire it all up, then let you all figure out where to install it and stuff and use my photos as reference... Is that going to be enough?... or are we gonna need to go balls to the wall and be as detailed as poss?

Last edited:
Tjacks Faceshell arrived so i have started planning out the eye lenses. Sadly I can't use the ones that crazybug sent me because my printer is constantly active, so I had to free hand them. Take a look at the Faceshell that Tjack sent me...

20170810_142307[2511].jpg

Get a clear one from here
Get his super mega awesome Uber deluxe ones from here

It's a bit difficult for everyone to see, so I chopped the eyes out, and sprayed it white. This is purely for you guys, it doesn't matte to me what colour it is, but if it's clear, it will be harder for you all to follow along. You see how much I love you guys?

20170810_172836.jpg

So i poked a pin hole through it and began free handing the lenses. On this photo you can see how I want to attach the servo and the lenses. The photo above shows how it looks from the front with the lenses open, and this photo shows how it looks from behind...

2.jpg

The next two photos are front and back with the lenses closed. I wanted them to close as much as possible, so i made the lense thingies quite wide...

1.jpg20170810_172904.jpg

The shape isn't exact, but I'm not the kinda b*tch to care :) Ya'll can make your own templates for them to how you prefer.

NOW LETS START INSTALLIN' STUFF!!!!

Have you all liked my Facebook page yet?:
https://www.facebook.com/CandeeGeeks/

20170810_142307[2511].jpg

20170810_172836.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

20170810_172904.jpg

Honestly this is my second favourite moving shell with macl34n on the first place but it could really get the first place :thumbsup keep up the good work, you 're truly skilled.

btw don't worry when you don't get any comments, I always keep an eye to this.

Honestly this is my second favourite moving shell with macl34n on the first place but it could really get the first place :thumbsup keep up the good work, you 're truly skilled.

btw don't worry when you don't get any comments, I always keep an eye to this.

macl34n is like Spidey god! I could never reach his levels of awesomeness haha.

It is a bit lonely when nobody replies, but I'm having fun anyway.

Good news:
I want to have a video done by tonight, so defo stay tuned ;)

Currently 1800 UK time. I want a video uploaded by midnight.

IT'S ON MUTHATRUCKERS!!!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back