PKD Blaster Resin Replica from Applied Scienes Division

OfficerK

I just purchased this BR blaster replica from appliedsciencesdivision.co.uk and was looking for some tips on repainting it with SA colors. Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• QjE3RjFFOTlCODYzM0MzNDQ4MjQ6M2YwYjAzN2FiNjA1NjM1YzdkN2Q4M2Y4YWZjNzAwYzc6Ojo6OjA=.jpg
    QjE3RjFFOTlCODYzM0MzNDQ4MjQ6M2YwYjAzN2FiNjA1NjM1YzdkN2Q4M2Y4YWZjNzAwYzc6Ojo6OjA=.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 166
That's the police version, without the magazine leds and the cutout on the base of the grip.

I would paint it plain black to keep it screen accurate.

You don't want to buy a recast. A member here offers a nice 3D printed PKD

I gather he's already bought it.

OP, the picture I posted is the police version, although only the grip is ever seen in the movie so it's a little speculative. Since the grips on yours are solid you'll never get the true amber translucent look, so black is a good way to go.

You don't want to buy a recast. A member here offers a nice 3D printed PKD

I already bought it. What's wrong with a recast? It was only 50 bps. Someone posted repainted pics of it on Instagram and it looked great. How much is he charging for this 3d printed one?

I already bought it. What's wrong with a recast? It was only 50 bps. Someone posted repainted pics of it on Instagram and it looked great. How much is he charging for this 3d printed one?

Recasting is simply copying someone's work then reselling it. It's a big no no in the replica prop community. There probably 100 threads regarding the topic. But in this case ASD created a mold from a Tomenosuke and made resin casts from it. Don't worry, I didn't know anything about recasting when I joined.

Recasting is simply copying someone's work then reselling it. It's a big no no in the replica prop community. There probably 100 threads regarding the topic. But in this case ASD created a mold from a Tomenosuke and made resin casts from it. Don't worry, I didn't know anything about recasting when I joined.

I didn't know this guy copied the Tomenosuke. Are we sure he did though?

I didn't know this guy copied the Tomenosuke. Are we sure he did though?

It certainly looks like it. Maybe some Tomenosuke owners can chime in. I looked at some of their other stuff and the Supernatural Colts looks like a recast of a members here. Most folks outside of the prop forum/community have no idea about recasting so dont sweat it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back