Battlestar Galactica BDU (first attempt)

Mercifull

I'm relatively new to cosplay but I've been a fan of the re-imagined series of Battlestar Galactica since it's release more than a decade ago. Last night i finally finished my green BDU outfit with some help from the sewing machine skills of my wife. I took a little artistic licence with it and have added a few bits, like the name badge above the pocket and a custom "Battlestar Wiki" embroidered arm patch instead of the BSG 75 one, but other than that I think it's pretty accurate.

20258396_10159590254245643_1366250228748124042_n.jpg20258242_10159590254420643_7808129908586444502_n.jpg

The base BDU was made by Miltec and is 100% ripstop cotton. The shoulder sueddette material was from a jacket found in a thrift store. The pocket straps (and belt which isnt visible) were made from bottle green polyurethane webbing and black snap fasteners with a bit of antique gold rub n'buff. The double tank top is an ANOVOS licenced one as my attempts to replicate this failed so many times it was cheaper just to pay for this one in a 33% off sale haha. I have some replica Chief Petty Officer rank pins from a prop maker and they are made of metal and enamel. I don't have any hexagonal dog tags yet but they are on my list of things to make :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back