Female/Genderbent Gambit Build *may include card tricks*

brokechick

Hi all,
Here I am again with another build, unlike my other builds this build does not have a specific finish date I'm making this for some fun and to procrastinate from starting my iron man build -.-
Gambit is one of favourite xmen so he has been on my list to build, really excited for this build but a bit nervous on finding the correct colour to paint the chest armour…
Anyway, to start off the other night I built a basic chest template out of the normal foam I use (7mm foam mat roll from Supercheap Auto/Reject Shop). I tried to use a water based contact cement but that didn't go too well as you can see with the seams, but I think these can be easily filled. Reason for using a water based contact cement is because my work space is in my room and I don't want to stink out my bedroom that I sleep in. I'm not sure if the contact cement didn't work because I didn't wait long enough or because the foam doesn't do too well with water based contact cement. If anyone has successfully built with waterbased contact cement could you please let me know some tips? Otherwise, I'm sticking to my hot glue.
Ok so after I built the base, I went and drew out some abs to shape into my foam…The first set of abs (v1) I liked but thought were too masculine.
gambit v1.jpg
Therefore I brainstormed for a couple of days and came back with a new ab design (v2) which looks pretty good imo, I will be sticking with this ab design.They just need to be moulded and shaped a bit more then glued in place.
gambit v2.jpg
Next up, I will be attaching the back piece (plain and simple back piece as it will not be seen under the trench coat)

Looks awesome! I really like the second set and I'll have to try out this technique next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back