Podcast Co-Host

saber_wielder

Im sorry if this is a wrong place to post this, but I'm trying to spread the word.

I am searching for someone to co-host a weekly podcast and maybe help with content for the website.

Details:
Pay: None - This is just for fun (for now anyway)
Time: Early morning (6:30-7:00 CST) 1 day a week
Equipment: You would need your own mic and headphones. This could be something as simple as a gaming headset if need be.
Topics: Anything geek, game, movie, convention, collectables

I know these criteria really limit the possibilities, but none the less...If you are interested, please PM me.

My podcasting days are behind me, but I will say that it's a lot of work, more than anyone who hasn't done it realizes. And that's why I eventually shelved my podcast, because nobody else wanted to do any work, they'd just show up to record, sometimes, with having done any preparation and expected me to carry the show. Be really, really careful about who you pick or you're going to wind up frustrated. Just a little helpful advice from someone who has been there.

My podcasting days are behind me, but I will say that it's a lot of work, more than anyone who hasn't done it realizes. And that's why I eventually shelved my podcast, because nobody else wanted to do any work, they'd just show up to record, sometimes, with having done any preparation and expected me to carry the show. Be really, really careful about who you pick or you're going to wind up frustrated. Just a little helpful advice from someone who has been there.

Thanks for the comment. That is what I have figured out the hard way. I had someone that fit that description. They are definitely a lot of work, but can be rewarding if you stick with it. Most podcast make it to 6-7 episodes then die.

Thanks for the comment. That is what I have figured out the hard way. I had someone that fit that description. They are definitely a lot of work, but can be rewarding if you stick with it. Most podcast make it to 6-7 episodes then die.

I got 130 under my belt before I said screw this. During that time, I had 3 co-hosts, all of which frustrated me to no end. Their job was easy. Do maybe 15-20 minutes of prep work per week and show up. That's all they had to do and they couldn't manage to do that. I did all the editing, all the web design, all of the uploading, all of the announcing, they did essentially nothing and that's all they actually did. Half the time, they couldn't be bothered to show up on time, or at all. They didn't care. And when they did show up, usually they had no idea what we were talking about that week so they just sat there like a lump while I carried the ball. It just wasn't worth my time to get it done so I said forget it. And I don't think my final co-host gave a damn about that either.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back