Infinity War Steve Rogers costume

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After so leaked trailer footage of Infinity War we get a look at Steve Rogers. As side from having a beard and a nice flow, it appears that he has his Civil War costume with a few changes. It looks like the stars and stripes have been removed which makes sense since it appeared he given up the mantle in Civil War. It also looks like is black instead of navy but that could just be lighting/filter. I'll update this as we get further details

IMG_0875.JPGIMG_0876.JPG

Definitely looks like the CW suit. He ripped off the Avengers emblem on the shoulders, the stars and the stripes on the chest as well. Not much different, only the back harness seems to have changed.

Definitely looks like the CW suit. He ripped off the Avengers emblem on the shoulders, the stars and the stripes on the chest as well. Not much different, only the back harness seems to have changed.

Yeah thats what I thought as well...just his CW outfit but all markings stripped and clearly been through some stuff in it as its very tattered...

Due to the various crops of this art, the bottom hasn't been seen properly. Here is a copy posted by the original artist and you can see that it is indeed intended to be the Civil War suit minus the star and Avengers patch.

20430157_1494224677305676_6127959020420996646_n.jpg

I'm loving this look for Cap, honestly. Also, it is significantly darker and more desaturated than the CW suit.

I do too. I wonder what kind of weapon he will wield. Maybe an energy shield like in the comics

- - - Updated - - -

Another important and insanely cool detail: his suit is torn, revealing the scales!! Seems he's had them all along, we just couldn't see them ;)
View attachment 746678

I didnt even notice the scales! So cool!

I do too. I wonder what kind of weapon he will wield. Maybe an energy shield like in the comics

Spoilers for Homecoming if you haven't seen it, but...
when Happy Hogan was loading a plane with the Avengers' equipment, he mentions a "prototype for Cap's new shield." It could be the energy shield.

Or since they're in Wakanda, T'Challa may develop a vibranium energy shield of some sorts.

Felt this was a plot hole/ logic issue... why would they create a prototype for Cap when he is a fugitive/ no longer an avenger and he'd given his shield back to Tony

Spoilers for Homecoming if you haven't seen it, but...
when Happy Hogan was loading a plane with the Avengers' equipment, he mentions a "prototype for Cap's new shield." It could be the energy shield.

Or since they're in Wakanda, T'Challa may develop a vibranium energy shield of some sorts.

I agree. Kinda makes no sense, they were probably just teasing the possibility of it

Homecoming has served to really muddle the timeline. It's possible that at the point HC takes place Tony knows something is coming but isn't sure what/that it's Thanos, which is why he's MIA travelling around throughout HC; he's not just vacationing, he's covertly investigating different occurrences that may indicate the possible different battle fronts seen in the trailer. and somewhat referenced by the full poster. Tony could have also been working on a new shield prior to the events of Civil War and kept the project going hoping Steve wouldn't be out of the picture forever and/or knowing he'd need to use the bat-phone Steve sent to contact him with something looming on the horizon. We also know that Tony copes with things by working; doing a prototype shield for Cap may have been his way of working through the events and fallout of Civil War. Same could be said about taking on Peter as a protege and developing the second suit for him.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back