HCG releasing Ghostbusters prop

razorsharp192

Sr Member
http://ghostbustersnews.com/2017/07...rs-ghost-trap-ecto-goggles-props-coming-soon/

Trap looks good, no prices yet though or release date

sdcc_trap_01-1.jpg

Last edited:
This was the initial build without adding any electronics at this stage. We are in the development stage, and I am not sure what electronics will be and to what level. Pricing would depend on a number of factors especially if we do include light, sound, opening doors, etc. The choice to do so is not my decision though and will be made by the owners of the company.

Last edited:
I'd hope it'll include electronics similar to the Matty replica and be at a similar price point. Or if it's just a static prop be priced relatively cheap.

This was the initial build without adding any electronics at this stage. We are in the development stage, and I am not sure what electronics will be and to what level. Pricing would depend on a number of factors especially if we do include light, sound, opening doors, etc. The choice to do so is not my decision though and will be made by the owners of the company.

I hope it's cool but this feels like prop vaporware to me. Still waiting for those time circuits that one company promised years ago.

[
I hope it's cool but this feels like prop vaporware to me. Still waiting for those time circuits that one company promised years ago.

Why do you feel like this is prop vaporware? Because it is not ready for pre-orders? Because it isn't in full production run and ready to ship? This was only announced 4 DAYS ago. Just because another company promised time circuits years ago, you are going to automatically lump every other company into the same category?

[

Why do you feel like this is prop vaporware? Because it is not ready for pre-orders? Because it isn't in full production run and ready to ship? This was only announced 4 DAYS ago. Just because another company promised time circuits years ago, you are going to automatically lump every other company into the same category?

I don't think it would be a disputed statement to say that is common for prop companies to announce something and never follow through, or to take much longer than expected/announced. Anovos is pretty infamous for delays and bad communication... Maybe cancelations? I honestly haven't even tried buying from them with all the negative word of mouth. Anyways, when a company announces a product without even deciding if it will have electronics I have to wonder why they announced it with so many unknowns. It seems more like promotion for the company than an ad for a product. Consumers can hardly make a judgement on an unfinished product.

If it is static, I at least hope it has opening air doors, and the trap section is removable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is. Just last week I received the factory samples at my office and I had to comb over them to give notes and changes. The changes are being addressed by the factory and once we iron those out, then the production run commences.

Any response to this piece being one of Nick-A-Tron ( Nick Bedwell )'s kits?

[ Edit : Assimilate got in first - But makes a good point, is your display model one of his kits, or worse, a recast? ]

Well thats certainly one of my kits they are displaying there. Wonder if they have just recast me and are offering copies of my trap or if they used mine for promotional purposes. Either way, that's pretty scummy.

It says a lot when they deleted Nickatrons comments on the original post, blocked him, and deleted the post when the heat got turned up.
So they uploaded another post, and have been culling any critical comments as fast as they can. Comment count was at 133 last time I checked, with only 13 being visible. Screen shots from FB members prove HGC are hiding/deleting them.
If the HGC trap is a legit piece, HGC should back up with evidence to the accusations instead of trying to surpress what people are clearly already aware of. The tells that Nickatron listed are clearly visible on the HGC pics. And if they are just using a picture of his trap for ad purposes, the least they could have done was credit him as the original sculptor/maker. This whole thing has been very shady of HGC so far...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back