Halcyon Aliens power loader build.

Kiwimaddog

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So,
Currently in the mid of a Power loader build that I've been wanting to build since our family vacation 1987 and I saw the kit in a hobby-shop while we stayed a couple of nights in Brighton, UK.
Anyway, long time coming. So, I've made some modifcations to the basic kit, most apparent I guess is to add alu-tubes to the actuators.
I'll just throw in some pictures below from my Flickr, I belive most will speak for themselves:

My main reference is from an old Cinefex by the way:

I did not really like how the rear side of the foot corresponds to the prop-photos I've seen so I felt a need to modify this,

Primed:

Red base coat:

Painted yellow:

Also I wanted to modify the grip/clamp-thingy so that they were not static, as the kit itself is just one molded piece.

At the moment, this is were I'm at. And most likely, this is where I'll stay for some time since I just became a father and therefore occupied on this other 'project' for some time. I will try to squeeze in some work whenever the little boy newcomer is feeling sleepy and such ;)

wow, thats looking really cool. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out... Might have to "Borrow" you're ideas.

Great work...

Cheers

I would have never thought to base coat with red. It really gives the yellow some depth. Nice work and congrats on the other project.

Thank you guys, I appreciate the positive comments.
And also, The 'other' project requires some more effort on my part before I can return to this ;)

cardboard and balsa wood:)

28468046_10215497111960606_1273033115887593053_n.jpg28167411_10215497111680599_5907220920875357022_n.jpg

I have been a bit bad a documenting this last stage of the build but I'll put what I've got here.

Decided not to include Ripley since I don't really like the sculpt/face and I don't really have the peace of mind at the moment for a resculpt, might do that at a later stage though.

That meant that I needed to scratchbuild the belt and foot-lock. I did this in perhaps quite a rude fashion(since I'm always short on time these days) but I'm pretty pleased with the result:

the rest was basically just sanding/priming/painting/weathering of the parts that were left:

Assembled end result in next post!

Totally cool. I wish they or someone would reissue this kit. Few years ago, I had seen some guy had produced studio scale kit of the as it was awesome. I believer there were only less the 25. You have done a great job and the extra detail makes a big difference. ;)

Mike

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back