Wolverine's Jackets

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Mantis @ May 9 2006, 07:42 PM) [snapback]1241443[/snapback]</div>
I am wondering if these 'potential' makers of this jacket were bitten by a FOX and have stepped away from it.
[/b]

Technicly, according to Vanson, Vanson owns the jacket design. Yes, you'd argue Fox owns everything in the X-men films, but Vanson claims ownership over EVERY jacket they produce, even the exclusive designs they get commisioned to do by clients (Fox).

This could be very true. Red Monkey makes and owns the X2 wolverine watch design, not Fox.

I'd say DavidYR1 is the right man for the job. After the overwhelming research he goes throug to get intricated jackets made, this jacket should be a walk in the park for him. He should take on this project and bump it to the front, as his other projects continue with the research.

And, no. I still haven't heard from Vanson, nor have I called them again since the last time. Will call them tomorrow, again, for another episode of Leather scarse theater.

What about contacting the company that is in thailand that sells the Xmen jacket on ebay.
Maybe they would be interested in making this jacket.

You mean the guy in singapore who making them out of lycra and pleather to "test his skills"?

Think I'd rather wait (and hope.) for a better one within that price range.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(recoil @ May 10 2006, 08:46 PM) [snapback]1242108[/snapback]</div>
What about contacting the company that is in thailand that sells the Xmen jacket on ebay.
Maybe they would be interested in making this jacket.
[/b]
Don't those run like $400 though, for that much I would rather save the extra $100 and buy the real deal.

Those Thailand/Singapore ones are trash. I can't even begin to tell you all the inaccuracies of that one.

The X2 suits David made were quite a bit more than $400 but are indistiguishable from the screen used suit. Well worth the cost IMO. I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of mine. In fact I'd go as far as to say that it was the single best purchase I've made in my time in the hobby. I can't say enough good things about it.

<div class='quotetop'>(~Sal~ @ May 12 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]1243358[/snapback]</div>
I just joined this leather forum, lol. I'm going to see if there may be interest in these jackets being made, can someone else join there who would like to take over this project, if any interest, after I post the thread?

Here's the link to the thread
http://www.leatherforums.com/showthread.php?p=7947#post7947
it's worth a try...
[/b]

Seems to me this forum is just about leather-talk and not about leather craftmen. The only chance I see this jacket made, if anyone in that forums picks it up, is if a retailer comes out with a knock-off made in China.

<div class='quotetop'>(Knightsaber @ May 12 2006, 10:19 PM) [snapback]1243315[/snapback]</div>
Yeah, it sure would be nice to have one of these jackets...it would also be nice to know what happened with our hopeful supplier...
[/b]
Does anyone know what happened with this guy? :cry :confused

<div class='quotetop'>(Guardian Devil @ May 19 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]1247163[/snapback]</div>
Wish I did. Was starting to get my hopes up for this jacket to get made :unsure
[/b]

Yes, I think we can all agree on that. I'm probably not the only one to think of this, but the guy probably still reads the threads...wish he would contact SOMEBODY. I really just want to know what happened. If he can't get the jackets done, that's fine. Just stopping all communications is what bothers me. We gotta know man.

Moving on. The X3 jacket has actually really grown on me. My initial impression was underwealming, but I really like it now. Still like the three stripes better instead of the black cuff. But the missing waist stripes doesn't bother me anymore. I guess that their disappearance was just a shock at first, since they were there on the first two, but now I don't have a problem with it. I think I still like the X1 most. Followed by X3, then X2. I just love this jacket. Wested, we need you.

- John

Same here. The thing is he is a member of both TFN and SHH...
Any leads on who did the X3 jacket? I've been asking around about that too, and no one knows..

<div class='quotetop'>(~Sal~ @ May 19 2006, 07:56 PM) [snapback]1247189[/snapback]</div>
Same here. The thing is he is a member of both TFN and SHH...
Any leads on who did the X3 jacket? I've been asking around about that too, and no one knows..
[/b]

Is there any possibility that Vanson did this one too? It's been pointed out that the cut is similar. Might also be an explanation of why nobody seems to be able to get a Vanson at the moment...I dunno.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back