Thinking about buying from 4th Wall Designs

IronDan27

Hello,

So I am currently in the works of Red Hood 2.0 build (need to put a thread together) and I really would like a good helmet.

So the question is: Has anybody on here had good experience with 4th Wall Designs?? I love the look of their helmet, and I know the helmet will have the longest lead time out of my whole costume, but the more I dig into reviews or videos it kind of worries me that some people wait almost a year or more before getting their product. So I figured I'd see what the consensus is on here since this site is so helpful. If anybody has any input I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, I am open to other designs as well--i know there is a Red Hood Hybrid Helmet that is beautiful, but not sure when they will be back in stock, and also there seems to be talks of a Red Hood Injustice Helmet and I am open to that idea as well.

Thank you all for your time.

-DJ

i personally have no experience with 4th wall designs but i hear the helmet is good but it takes a really long time to get. i'd recommend punished props or getting in touch with reznor here on the rpf. good luck on your red hood build!

don't expect anything quick. Heard multiple cases where things have taken ages to come.

Hell, it took them 4 months to reply to me about getting a mask

Do NOT buy from 4th Wall. They will take your money, claim that the product has been sent and has been lost in the mail. They have been known to steal products from trade shows and sell as their own. It's amazing that they are in business at all. BEWARE.

Its been a few years since ive bought anything from them, though have 2 of their Red Hood helmets and multiple masks. Never had any issues from them, only in the last few years i know that Laban's health has been not the best and just recently he has been able to start pushing out props again.

I know laban personally. His health is fine. He says that as an excuse for being so slow getting products finished. I wouldn’t out him like that but I’ve steered too many customers toward him and not one of them has ever been satisfied. His work is good but there are plenty of other places that do great work and are actually reliable.

Hi guys.

Laban here, I run 4thwall.

I honestly don't know what the stealing from shows is about, I barely attend shows or conventions.

I have had some ridiculously long delays on clean red hood helmets.

If you're looking to buy one I have battle scarred I can post out within 24 hours, but the rumours of delays on clean ones is sadly true.

Can't be more blunt than that. Clean red hood you likely looking at a 90 day wait.

Battle scarred no problem.

If anyone knows what I'm supposed to have stolen though, please let me know lol.

I have W.I.P of everything I've sculpted, never stolen a thing in my life :)

It was at Dragoncon. Everyone knows which is why you are no longer welcome. If you would just own up to it, admit your mistakes, and stop taking everyone’s money, you’d be better off. Your products (the ones you actually make,) are good quality. You just need to actually make them and send them. Maybe then people wouldn’t constantly dispute payments.
Your lying and excuses are transparent. Don’t patronize your customers.

I haven't been to DragonCon in many many years. Though I have been invited back many times, sadly due to health issues and the fact it costs me THOUSANDS to attend I haven't been back for ages but I definitely will be.

And I DO admit my mistakes, I have had several delays, some items are still delayed (clean red hood helmet)

I would sincerely like to know what I am supposed to have stolen though. And I really mean that, please tell me what I've apparently stolen and from whom.

If I've ever made a mistake I'll admit to it, I won't however allow people to lie about me.

Known Laban for over a decade and he's certainly not the type to steal anyone's work.
Great quality work, all original sculpts, and a great many satisfied customers.

I have an issue with the business I attempted to do with you just over 2 years ago. I purchased a battle damaged Red Hood Helmet and never received it, I contacted you multiple times and kept getting the run-around saying you'd send me one and the tracking info yet you never did and I'd wait a few months to give you time then contact you again and you'd say the same thing over and over. You took my money yet never provided my product. It's been 2 years and you stopped answering my emails, my messages on your other platforms as well. I want what I paid for.

I purchased a Hero/Villan Skull helmet from 4th Wall Design three months ago and never received my product and can't get them to email me back. Their website claims that it only takes them two months to make the products and send them out. I had some friends in the UK where they are based try to call them using the phone number from their website but it is disconnected. Their Twitter account is inactive and if you attempt to contact them on Facebook they either ignore you or block you. After digging into the company, even using this website you can see that all the way back to 2011 they have been scamming people. Taking their money and never delivering with the products. I'm seeing that they use all the same excuses ie. 'we are backlogged' 'health issues'..the list goes on. I would highly discourage anyone from paying this company for something they will never receive. Unless by some miracle they actually contact me with a tracking number and I receive my item within the next thirty days I'm going to be forced to file a PayPal dispute to try and get my money back (I've read that's worked for several other people dealing with 4thWallDesign) and have my friends drive to their location based on the website to see what's going on. They live in an extremely small town in the UK so even me as an American could find it. DO NOT BUY FROM 4THWALLDESIGN!!!!!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back