War Machine 3d print build - yep another one ;)

another week down :) still printing, and doing lots, LOTS of sanding, so it looks like not a lot of progress but just getting ready to paint. Here's some pics of everything together

He's a bit on the ****, trying the lay everything out with 2 excitable hounds wanting to play wasn't easy lol

KAzlytf.jpg

6JKxA6U.jpg

w79imFc.jpg

Kj2Bz8h.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I also bought the larger CR10 50x50x50cm so the next project should be quite a bit faster, tank trooper, K2SO, boushh or force awakens TK :)

its been a while since I updated this thread, been working on other things for an upcoming event

dem6qzC.jpg

So anyway now back to war machine, everything is printed and sanding / filling / painting / sanding / filling painting etc etc has started

top half painted

YQ4RzGf.jpg

I know the graphics aren't quite correct, but its been scaled to me, and I'm about a foot too short ;)

uts1hfK.jpg

FMXht9P.jpg

some sexy boots

AZ4kEfq.jpg

our old world central heating is excellent for drying paint

9OA3AgZ.jpg

all done, well, top half

O946Gzp.jpg

still got a huge to do list, bracket for the gun, hands, electronics, strapping it together, the 'soft' parts - will it ever end?

and of course the most important bit

nZItoX8.jpg

I've printed a 2nd helmet which will have all the whistles and bells, this one i've glued the face plate down, reason being getting everything lined up when opening / closing etc with the servos had been a right pain with my iron man helmet, not to mention getting it to sit flush again, plus it makes it heavy and uncomfortable (and no one wants to see my ugly mug anyway)

Spent the last couple of days strapping it together, this is the first test fit, as I'm such a short arse its clear the helmet is out of scale, printing a smaller one now, also re-printing the abs section slightly taller so it stops popping out when I walk (or move in general)

not sure why it looks like i'm wearing a corset :) think thats just a trick of the light, my waste isn't that small lol

O8OJqyz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a while :)

after the first fit it was obvious I had some work to do, reduce the size of the helmet and increase the abs section, so after a lot of printing, sanding, filling, sanding, filling, sanding, painting etc I did a 2nd fitting

v4aAzVD.jpg

JE74RJN.jpg

95i877K.jpg

UNgx65F.jpg

still experimenting with the strapping, might increase the size of the shoulder bells if I get time :)

some more pics of the 3rd test fitting, had to mod the chest as the arm holes where digging in, the shoulder bells cover it nicely tho, and add some padding, the gun had servos, need to program an arduino, but apart from that its all ready for fantasy basel, onto the next project - First order stormtrooper

gHNHfRA.jpg

6y6gQbo.jpg

zC7jIgQ.jpg

Angela Merkel is staring at your ass ... :p

- - - Updated - - -

Otherwise ... we are gonna look so awesome together at Fantasy Basel next week :cheers

Angela Merkel is staring at your ass ... :p

- - - Updated - - -

Otherwise ... we are gonna look so awesome together at Fantasy Basel next week :cheers

thought that was your leader, Jimmy Krankie, erm sorry nicola sturgeon

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back