Bloodshot Eye Effects

Jesuit24

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was wondering what my options are for a bloodshot eye effect? I guess ideally it would be sclera contact lenses, but I've only seen one pair and they're way out of my price range. I also saw Kryolan Eye Blood which looks good when there's less blood in the eye, but the effect doesn't last long enough. I wanted it to last a few hours at least.

Obviously I could irritate my eyes by rubbing them or putting some Vicks vapour rub under my eyes, but again, I don't think the effect would last long enough. The best I can think of is going a night without sleep. What safe things could I try?

Guess I could always just get high.:)

Unfortunately, you've sort of named all the options. Eye Blood isn't great--it blinks away within the first 5-10 minutes. Vicks or menthol is going to make you more teary than bloodshot.

You can try filling in your waterline with a red eyeliner pencil (or a red lipliner pencil that is either new or has been sanitized...bc a red eyeliner might be harder to find) and see if it works for the look you're going for.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back