Hanging Facehugger Sculpture

CTStudio

I made an original facehugger sculpture that could hang off my computer monitor at work...the back of my monitor faces down our main hallway so it's perfect!

I created molds of all the pieces and cast copies in resin. This is the 3rd resin cast and 3rd paint job, let me know what you think.

Ol5AUE5.jpg

LWKcBmN.jpg

p5Lo1p1.jpg

ECoC6PV.jpg

SN1zKa1.jpg

Last edited:
This looks awesome! I'm about to try to make one as well, although about 1/6 that size. With Sculpy. Any tips welcome!

Definitely need a wire substructure ;)

The thinner/longer the legs the creepier it looks. I made another facehugger a year or so ago and it's legs are a little stubbier and it doesn't look quite as eerie as this guy does. If you're not going for 100% accuracy have fun with the "egg deployment" part, LOL. I've done a couple different designs. They all tend to look like vaginas, which I'm sure was Giger's intent ;p

Thanks! I ended up going a little larger and made a facehugger that's a perfect fit on a teddy bear lol. And yes, the mouth on the facehugger is certainly suggestive of lady parts XD I'm fairly new to using armatures and had some clay shrinkage around certain parts but was able to patch things up nicely. Was definitely a good learning experience. If you'd like to see how it turned out, pics here: http://twitter.com/lovely_lady_bee/status/892449917796405250

This is an amazingly creepy idea! I am building a full sized, poseable one (hopefully!!) atm. Just started with the wire frame :) hope it turns out as good as yours!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back