Star Wars Comlink - what was the bottom found part?

SPY007

I know about the HOVI MIX top. I have the black radial engine part. I see ancient posts on "Your Props" that say the bottom white part was also a found part. Some say it was a push nut. Anybody know for sure what it was? Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm still under the impression that it's still unknown. We know where the prop resides, but it's not available to view by the public and I don't know of any photos of the bottom of it. I've heard that people think it was a white pvc plumbing piece.

Thanks to this thread I just discovered their archive. Mildly interesting - but that comlink and Kobold...and the parts the stormtroopers "find" are really neat to see.

Not at all, in fact, here's the image I found on facebook.
COMLINK.jpg

Markus:
After much digging, seeing what others have used on Greedo blasters, I came up with three possible items. Is one of these what you are talking about?

Plastic snap on screw cap, same as used on the back of Greedos blaster, just in white

Attachments

• ScrewCover.jpg
    ScrewCover.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 206
  • Push nut.jpg
    Push nut.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 216
  • Screw Cover 2.jpg
    Screw Cover 2.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Greedo gun. The back view "Bump" looks smaller than the side view. Two different guns?

Attachments

• han-greedo-star-wars-image.jpg
    han-greedo-star-wars-image.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 413
  • greedo-han-solo-star-wars.jpg
    greedo-han-solo-star-wars.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
I am very aware of this image. My original question was, " does anyone know for fore sure what the bottom part was?"

Markus:
After much digging, seeing what others have used on Greedo blasters, I came up with three possible items. Is one of these what you are talking about?

Huh, I used something nearly identical on the far right image for my Agent kallus build, but I don't think the ones I used were nearly as large as needed for the commlink?

I have seen a number of Comlinks the claim to have the correct found part on the bottom, but none of the bottoms look like the "long snoot" or Luke photo attached.
I did purchase a screw cap, but the photos appear to show a lip on the top of the bottom part, A white styrene washer should do the trick. I am still looking into one other piece that might be a close match.
Also, I read an interview where Roger Christian said he had to make the prop fast because it was need on set asap. If this is true, I suspect none of it was painted. Maybe it was another model kit part.

Attachments

• CylinderScrewCap.jpg
    CylinderScrewCap.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 492
  • GarindanComlink.jpg
    GarindanComlink.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 436
  • luke.jpg
    luke.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
This is a John Deere push nut for a child's peddle tractor. Of the push nuts I have picked up, this is the closest match to the side view comlink pictures available. Looks John Deere is sold in the UK. No idea if this push nut was made in 1975. The other push nuts and screw cap images I posted are wrong. Thoughts?

Attachments

• GarindanComlink.jpg
    GarindanComlink.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 355
  • JohnDeerePushNut.jpg
    JohnDeerePushNut.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 375

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back