Wing Gundam Model/Toy Kit bashing

Mysticaxe

I have this Gundam toy which is the Wing Gundam Dx from bandai, as you can see I lost e head, backpack, arms, pauldrons, side skirts, back skirt and front skirt, and accessories. I have kept this and finally have some resources and time to fix and customize it. I also have this old helicopter toy that we were going to throw away because it was broken. So I salvaged the intake thrusters, gun and missile launcher. The thrusters I am planing on using as a poseable wing jet pack. The moulding of said thrusters are very unique and I thought would work. I lost my sketch for the diagram of the backpack I am going to design and 3d model and get 3d printed.

The back pack is by far the easyiest part to tackle as the toy/model is very different from the standard Gundam models you get. It was designed to be interchangeable with other Gundam soft that line. Instead of looking to just rebuild it I wanted to make this Gundam my own. If anyone has suggestions, helpful links or rescources I can use. (I will pay you for back for used rescources.

Attachments

• IMG_0397.JPG
    IMG_0397.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0403.JPG
    IMG_0403.JPG
    893.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    825.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    863.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0400.JPG
    IMG_0400.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0399.JPG
    IMG_0399.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0398.JPG
    IMG_0398.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 95
Sketch/ diagram of concept for wing thruster back pack. image.jpg. I also was thinking of just cutting th top off of the helicopter to make the backpack. It would be the faster way though not the most elegant of designs. It waould also look odd.

Last edited:
I got some parts from an old Gundam sd series tank thing. I don't have pictures yet but I will post them soon. My idea is for the gun price to be part of the backpack as I just need to find some good hinge and swivel parts. I went to my nearest comic/hoody store but they do not have any Gundam,s in the size I have. Or even parts for one. So I'm stuck with 3d printing parts. I just need to fine a local 3d printer to print them in the future.

image.jpg This is the top and here is a side of the backpack. The rectangle holes I am trying to get some good hinges and swirls. image.jpg The silver marker lines are my cutting guidelines. That I will smooth out for the backpack.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back