Star Wars Republic Gunship

Hasbro Gunship:

Overall length (fuselage only, doors closed, no lasers) 19.5 inches
Using this figure against the in-universe official length of of 17.69 meters -- or 696.45 inches -- gives a scale of 1/35.72. I'd say that would be close enough to 1/35 to call it a day, presuming the official length is a sensible one.

SSB

Using this figure against the in-universe official length of of 17.69 meters -- or 696.45 inches -- gives a scale of 1/35.72. I'd say that would be close enough to 1/35 to call it a day, presuming the official length is a sensible one.

SSB

I always wondered if those official dimensions include move-able parts like guns or antennas that could presumably be moved, affecting the overall length, or something. Might be even smaller than 1/35. My dimensions were just the bare bones fuselage. Although, I like my props and vehicles on the larger side rather than the smaller side. 1/35 it is!

I've got one of these and an ARC-170 in a box in the garage with a long term plan to tear them down and rebuild them.
In addition to the two gunships I have, I have about four X-wings (two of the more recent, larger versions that take a 3.75-inch figure and two of the huge "Hero" versions), a TIE Bomber, two RotJ A-wings (one in the process of being worked on, albeit a very slow process) one TLJ A-wing, a Sith Infiltrator (I keep looking for good references for the open mechanical bays on both sides of the base of the nose, just forward of the cockpit area), a U-wing, a B-wing, two "Hero" Falcons, a Black Series X-34 Landspeeder and a smaller version of the revised X-34, the Black Series Rey's Speeder, several of both of the airspeeders from the Coruscant chase scene from AotC, two Naboo N-1 starfighters, some Episode I Droid Fighters, the Jango Fett Slave I, a couple of Delta 7 Jedi Starfighters and one Eta-2 Jedi Interceptor from RotS, and I don't even know what all else, along with some of the 12-inch action figures from the prequel era and some of the 18-inch figures from Jaks. Some of these may prove to be beyond me -- in many cases, I've been on the lookout for a way to replace parts that I know will have to be replaced but for which doing so by scratchbuilding would be daunting. For example, I need to replace the engine cones on the N-1 (I think I have finally found workable replacement parts for that, from rounded cone-shaped tips designed to go at the end of light-up lightsaber blades, of all things) as well as the finials on the back of the engines (I have a promising lead there, with some clear styrene fluted champagne "glasses" I found at a local dollar store) and the finial at the rear of the fuselage (I think I solved that one pretty quickly, with an aluminum lawn sprinkler stake trimmed down on two edges to form the skeleton of the shape). I also need to figure out how to replace the engines on the airspeeder Anakin commandeered in the AotC chase -- I tried the engines from an AMT podracer kit but they are a little too large in diameter to fit, in my opinion, and the replacements need to be mirrored, not exactly the same). Also, I need to figure out how to remove the single seat and set of controls in Zam Wessell's speeder and get two smaller seats and rescaled controls in the same space (might be the most daunting task of all these listed here), and replace the finials on the back of that one. I'd welcome any suggestions ... and is it worth it to create a thread for this? I don't really want to hijack this one, but I wonder how much input I would get anyway; not too many of us here seem to give this sort of thing much attention.

SSB

I always wondered if those official dimensions include move-able parts like guns or antennas that could presumably be moved, affecting the overall length, or something. Might be even smaller than 1/35.
I've wondered the same thing, and thought about mentioning it in my reply. As far as I can tell, there is no way to determine whether those things are included or not. Best guess would be to get some known 1/35th figures of some sort and see whether they pass the eye test against images from the film that include the clone troopers standing inside the vehicle. Or just say "Screw it" and go with it, which is pretty close to where I am unless it looks grossly off to the eye.

I mean, I still would like to create those clear bubble turrets that swing out to each side and have a trooper inside each -- which means something that can pass for a 1/35th seated trooper, let alone the clear bubbles and all the gizmos that go inside them. I prefer the AotC look, so that is the version I would like to make. May have to settle, but I won't go gentle into that good night. I really wish these sorts of things were available in the aftermarket.

SSB

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back