Overstretched fabric while puff painting

antporter2601

I'm a newbie when it comes to fabric painting and I've recently puff painted chainmail pattern onto my DoJ Superman suit using tulip metallic paint. The thing is I appear to have overstretched the fabric as the arms of the suit have gone baggy. Is there any way to fix this or have I ruined my suit

I don't know of any way to unstretch fabric once it has been over stretched...shrinking the fabric in a dryer would be quite frankly the only possibility but you'd shrink the rest of the outfit as well, so it's counter productive...probably not what you want to hear but I'd say it's ruined...

Is the issue that you had the fabric overstretched when you applied the paint - and now the paint is not allowing the fabric to form to your arms? If so, try taking the seams in at arms and fix it as best you can. Beyond that, I would advise not painting anything that's stretched beyond your dimensions. If you have 15" biceps, don't puff paint a sleeve on a form with 16" biceps.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back