DeAgo Falcon finished

merkava74

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sharing my completed build. Straight from the box without interior, no add-ons or modifications except for a shapeways engine grille. Weathering did not follow screen model as I wanted a more real life feel to the piece of junk. Thanks for viewing!

2c18c80310a44b7939cf677efc61aaee.jpg

0bd0b151ccee012bf5b9daf7c44ec0ac.jpg

73273d7902ff17fcbe8b0fdd561a2abd.jpg

5c5c11d3942785d0b1a2081f79a349eb.jpg

b0788c7055752c1ac0b65867661421c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Straight OOB build ! She looks fantastic . You've weathered it as you have ( terrific by the way ! ) , for a more ' realistic ' depiction . Can you possibly share some of your painting/weathering materials/methods ? .

Congrats again ,
Cheers Ged :thumbsup

Wow very nice work ! I'm of the same opinion roughly following real model shots but with some free licence to what looks good as well.

Great job ! Hope mine turns out half as good !!

Straight OOB build ! She looks fantastic . You've weathered it as you have ( terrific by the way ! ) , for a more ' realistic ' depiction . Can you possibly share some of your painting/weathering materials/methods ? .

Congrats again ,
Cheers Ged :thumbsup

Thanks! I primed it with a dark grey, and then shaded with Deck Tan with a bit of white. Then it was washed liberally with Raw Umber and Burnt Sienna oils. Left to dry for a bit, and wiped the excess off with turp, taking note of the direction of the wipe (outwards from the center of the dish). Then various shades of browns, greys and ash oils were used to form the streaks. This is where I did not follow the screen model, as I felt that it was too stark, and some streaks were "illogical". Then some areas were misted with greys and ash, and then the model was dry brushed with Buff.

I guess that's it!

Thanks of the info. What sort of setup do you have to photograph it ? Looks very crisp and well lit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing your painting/method/s . The priming was done with aerosol cans and / or airbrush , with the oils brushed on ?
Either way/s you've still finished up with something beautiful .

Cheers Ged

Thanks for sharing your painting/method/s . The priming was done with aerosol cans and / or airbrush , with the oils brushed on ?
Either way/s you've still finished up with something beautiful .

Cheers Ged

Priming was with Mr Hobby 1500 primer cans. Shading with airbrush. Oils with brushes, cloth, and steel wool.

Almost reads like it went together overnight. Painted the next day and photographed all in one weekend !!. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol!

I got my 100 issues in Feb, and could only do it only on weekends. The build took longer than the paintwork. ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back