Star Wars: The Last Jedi A-Wings?

Roy Batty

In the new footage released, I thought I saw A-Wings. Now that I found it, I am wondering if there is anyone out there that can give some info on them. They DO seem to be different somewhat. Anyone?

jedi a wing.JPG

Zoom & Enhance

red.pngblue.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 11.34.24.jpg

J

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 11.30.02.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 11.30.02.png
    820.6 KB · Views: 333
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 11.30.16.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 11.30.16.png
    831.7 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Was it a conscious choice for the filmmakers to base the ships on Ralph McQuarrie designs from the beginning ( tweaked here and there ) for this trilogy , or do you think people from ' marketing ' figured ... ' let's get some ' familiar - but slightly different ' models out there for fans old and new . Or the ' everything old is new again ' mentality just kicked in ?
Don't get me wrong , I'm very excited/happy/pleased etc... with anything Star Wars ( mostly ) related , especially model kits . Guessing I'm just getting more cynical/critical in my thinking as I get older .

Was it a conscious choice for the filmmakers to base the ships on Ralph McQuarrie designs from the beginning ( tweaked here and there ) for this trilogy , or do you think people from ' marketing ' figured ... ' let's get some ' familiar - but slightly different ' models out there for fans old and new . Or the ' everything old is new again ' mentality just kicked in ?
Don't get me wrong , I'm very excited/happy/pleased etc... with anything Star Wars ( mostly ) related , especially model kits . Guessing I'm just getting more cynical/critical in my thinking as I get older .

There is probably a bit of truth to both points.

It seems to go along with the Rebels series design philosophy of just mining all the old concepts and treat them as new variants

Star Wars design have been pretty lackluster under Disney's reign when it comes to new concepts.

We either get a previously unused McQuarrie concept, or a odd looking "new" version of on OT design (often with an inverted color scheme and/or way oversized wings), or a flying brick like object , or some combination of those

That being said though, I do like the McQuarrie style A-wing. it's one of the few that don;t wind up looking too dated

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back