RIP Martin Landau

RIP: Martin Landau

Rough day, first George Romero and now word comes that Martin Landau has passed.

Great character actor in films like North by Northwest and Nevada Smith and on TV in Mission Impossible, but he knocked it out of the park as Bela in Ed Wood.

Rest easy, Martin.

martin-landau-as-bela-lugosi.jpg

Re: RIP: Martin Landau

Bit by bit my childhood is dying. As a kid I first noticed him in Space:1999. I later realized he was the same guy on Mission Impossible. Solid character actor. He was unforgettably controversial in North by Northwest. In Crimes and Misdemeanors his performance was quite chilling.

My Dad is a longtime fan of Space: 1999, and I got to see it on the Sci-Fi Channel back on the big KaKu satellite system in the 1990s. I watched his performances in Mission: Impossible reruns on FX back when it started. My Dad and I sat in on a panel with Mr. Landau back at DragonCon years ago. I've seen many of his other performances, inclusing North By Northwest, 12:01, Ready To Rumble and EdTV.

R.I.P. Mr. Landau. :*(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really loved Martin Landau in Space 1999. While watching the show I could totally immerse like I was living on Moonbase Alpha. He was strong and yet just so perfectly calming through all of those near fatal catastrophies.

RIP Martin!

Another LEGEND gone :(

Loved him in any and everything he did, he was STILL working right up untill the end.

Some of his standout performances for me was North by Northwest, Space 1999, Pinnochio, and his appearances on Entourage.

He could and DID do it all comedy, drama, you name it

A fan since Mission Impossible. Great actor who could play anything, good guy, bad guy, and always believeable even when he would go a bit over the top.

Great character actor. Will be missed.

It was great to see him dress down that nitwit Kennedy on the MI red carpet, for not knowing he was there because he was in the TV show on which the movie was based. Watch it if you haven't seen it.

RIP, sir.

The Wook

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back