TFA Falcon painting reference - help needed

Dreamcrazy

Hi there

I'm about to start painting my Bandai 1/144 Falcon. The plan was to use the zillion pictures I have of the 5-footer, but I noticed that even though the dimensions of the screen used model fit the 5-footer, the paint job does not seem to be a 1:1 match. Some of the colored panels are exact scans of the 5-footer, and some seem to differ (mostly streaks and scratches).

I think that the picture below to the right, is the top rendering of the CGI falcon from TFA? I know there are some fantastic Falcon experts on this forum so any input on this would be appreciated.
TFAFalcon.jpg

If the picture to the right is the TFA used Falcon, does anyone have the corresponding bottom and side view pictures? I'm absolutely certain that I saw them af few month ago in another thread on this forum, There was a debate about whether it was the model used in TFA or in a computer game as far as I remember, but now I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone have these pictures and would be willing to share I would be grateful.

Thanks!

I had a thread which I and others posted images as they became available

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=246235&highlight=jaitea

I say 'had'....because as you probably know Photobucket has recently changed its T's & C's,...and are now asking for big money to allow 3rd party posting......so the thread is pretty devoid of images

BUT!!....I'll get to work on it right away....& hopefully have the thread repaired

I'll post some images that I think you might be talking about as a new post,....so have a check tomorrow morning

J

Jaeita - thanks!! Thats the thread I was looking for! I allways navigate threads by scrolling and recognizing the pictures, so the Photobucket change has left me blinded in this fantastic forum and i'm gutted that so much archived wisdom is gone.

It would be wonderful if you could somehow repair the thread allthough I appreciate the amount of work it would require.

...Some of the colored panels are exact scans of the 5-footer, and some seem to differ (mostly streaks and scratches)...

The Falcon has aged 30 years by the time of TFA, so it makes sense that some of the dirt and wear has changed a bit.

I am wondering why the Falcon did not look more different. They did alter the grime/streaks and faded the paint some, they did add some extra sidewall plumbing, but you would think after thirty years it would have had a couple of replacement panels or some odd greebly a bit more obvious added.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back