George A. Romero, R.I.P.

A maverick, an innovator, and true original. How many Hollywood bigshots can claim they started a hugely popular genre on a shoestring?

He, Corman, and guys like them are the ones the AFI should be giving their annual award to, not Steve Martin.

Attaboy, Roger. Rest easy. You did good.

Speechless :(

I met him in the late 70's, and he immediatly told me, upon him learning that I wanted to be a Motion Picture cameraman, invited me up to Pittsburgh and that I had a place on his crew.

Ran into him in the early 80's and chided me for not coming up.

He ALWAYS had time for amateur and up and coming film school people.

One of the nicest guys you would ever meet.

My heart goes out to Andy and Cam as well as his daughter.

Thanks for all the encouragement George, I know I am one of hundreds that you invited along for the ride so graciously and enthusastically.

You are Loved and will be missed very much

Speechless :(

I met him in the late 70's, and he immediatly told me, upon him learning that I wanted to be a Motion Picture cameraman, invited me up to Pittsburgh and that I had a place on his crew.

Ran into him in the early 80's and chided me for not coming up.

Reading this choked me up, because I had always wanted to have the same position. If life circumstances had been different, maybe I could have.

That was an insanely generous, and magnanimous move on his part. Sounds like quite a guy. R.I.P. George.

I'm not a horror or zombie fan, so I'm not terribly familiar with his work, but "Night of the Living Dead" is a damn masterpiece.
I absolutely LOVE that movie. RIP, Mr. Romero. Thanks for sharing your beautiful nightmare with us.

large_aNAgmnLyK0EsPzsjR2i1wHQufjf.jpg

Always gracious and patient with the amateur film maker and loved his movie genre...R.I.P. He will be buried in his adopted home-town of Toronto, Canada.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back