Finally...My own Deago Falcon thead.

Lear60man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Big Thanks to Kokkari and Dysst for the help. Im 90% done with the bottom, 70% done with the top. Sooooooo artistic liberties were taken as your never gonna replicate every mark, shade exactly. I also wanted to have the 5 footer decals (Holy heck, they are tiny and plentiful). Added some more lights on the lower.

Things to do (like you are ever done): Hit it with some dry brushing, get some more rust color from the model shop and start a lite wash. Apply about half of the 5 footer decals. I also got some 3M reflective tape like what is all over the 5 footer on the back. Also have a little bag of leftover parts. When all thats done, do some toothbrush spatters and seal it with a matte clear. RE the last part.....This is the first model Ive put a matte clear on....any issues or problems?

Bottom:

Tonight after about 3 days of attention, couple more days of attention to go:

Its a work in progress and I need to let it sit for a day or two. Any glaring mistakes are welcome.

Looking great! I used Tamiya rattle can Matte clear and it worked great no problems doing layers and final oils/terpenoid washes over it and final sealing coat on top of that

More distressing, added some of the 5 Footer decals and 3M reflective tape (also found on the 5 footer).......Got it mounted on the stick. It will never end, but a good place to take a break.

This thing transforms colors depending on where the sun is, light on-light off, what mood my camera phone is in etc. a damn chameleon I tell you!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back