Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

@astroboy , what do you mean by ' real world ' Falcon ? . I've seen some of your work on other threads and your skills seem pretty smart to me .

Ged
Thanks for the compliment!
My models are what you get when you look at the studio scale model and try to get that vibe. I barely care about the cockpit interior

When I say "real world", I mean doing the type of model that those military guys do. Where you swear that you are looking at the real thing. They have oodles of subtle layers that build it up to what you would see it the falcon were full size. Where you throw out the ILM rule book and make the real thing....but smaller.

For those of you more curious about my comment, check out the stuff that Robert Aguilera has posted to the starship modeler Facebook page. He mostly does armor and dioramas, but his star wars stuff goes that extra mile beyond ilm

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing astroboy .
Ah ! , I get what you mean by ' real world ' now , if those images of his weathered landspeeder are anything to go by . Gritty / abused - lived in and worn , yet subdued and in places subtle too eh ! .
Cheers Ged

Thanks for sharing @astroboy .
Ah ! , I get what you mean by ' real world ' now , if those images of his weathered landspeeder are anything to go by . Gritty / abused - lived in and worn , yet subdued and in places subtle too eh ! .
Cheers Ged
Yeah, to me, those military guys are always making miniature versions of what we see in reality..because they have that as a reference. And a lot of their techniques reflect that. But the sci-fi guys only have fictional representations to go by. It's either what we see in the model museum, or what we see on screen. We don't have any reference for a real falcon.

Just noticed this as well...
https://www.facebook.com/replicapropforum/photos/pcb.336970083393416/336969980060093/?type=3&theater
We've all seen the pictures before but I hadn't read a translation until now. :)

91L-ruN6vqL._SL1500_.jpg

Yoink!

Thanks for posting that toyark link Shaunpug . Does anyone here ( perhaps anyone anywhere ) , know who may be able to supply any information regarding those 1/72 storm troopers ? . Apologies for that awkwardly worded question l but I've been scouring the web for 1/72 & 1/48 scale Star Wars figures for awhile now .
Maybe someone has a friend or contact who works within Bandai , who could possibly suggest the company itself come up with sets of figures for sale to compliment their outstanding kits . Is there a way to petition Bandai themselves ?

Cheers Ged

More than likely, I will not use that engine grill on the back. I will probably try your restore it to pre-planned edition

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back