Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

This is the 5 footer SW version, I've overlaid roughly where the changes were made for the ESB version

attachment.php

The green areas are the new gear boxes.....the red areas are the new openings for the pits,.....the yellow rectangles are the plates with the running lights / down-lighters, the blue is for the pipework that was removed

J

Attachments

• 5-footer Falcon Bottom View.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2,483
Thankyou for the links and the layover diagram,should be very useful to anyone wanting to do the ESB version!

Last edited:
Hi Jaite,
This is the 5 footer SW version, I've overlaid roughly where the changes were made for the ESB version
Has the picture you used for the overlay been shared here in the forum???
Thanks!

Just an update on that drawing I did on the previous page,.....I did that one on my wee laptop....this one was done on a bigger machine

attachment.php

J

Attachments

• 5-footer Falcon Bottom View With boxes.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,993
Wow where did the photo etch pics come from? so cool to see what you get.

That level of detail is impressive for photo etched parts.

Thanks DARTH SABER :)

I think it's so cool that they went as far as to identify the same 8rad and Kettenkrad parts inside the maintenance bay duplicated underneath the battle damage holes exposed guts. At least that's what I understood from Google translate.

It's like the Y-wing all over again with using repeated assemblies cut in different configurations all over the ship.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Its funny you say Y-wing,I have got that feeling everytime i see somthing new on the perfect grade falcon,You could say the the y-wing is also perfect grade!

To continue the discussion of the studio model's cockpit interior...

While I agree identifying the kit parts in the cockpit is a method of reproducing the interior for the Bandai kit, there is also photogrammetry:

falcphotogrammetry.png

Once you understand the shapes that are happening in the cockpit, reproducing it should not be that difficult, especially when you can do magic stuff like this. I will give updates on a 3D model when I make more progress.

This might help with divining the ANH cockpit interior shapes:

[video=vimeo;227469065]https://vimeo.com/227469065[/video]

Regards,

André

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back