Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

It does seem extremely odd that they are being so faithful to the 5 footer as it appeared in 1977, with this one obvious exception.

I don't think that's right, if you mean the Bandai 1:72 Falcon has the SE grille. The grid spacing seems to resemble that of the TFA Falcon, not the ANH SE Falcon. Which is even stranger to me.

But hey - I doubt it'll be difficult to get a piece of white acrylic plastic, bend it to the right shape, and slap it in there if you really want to!

Did I ask that question post#35 , in the wrong thread - if so , apologies . Which thread should I ask in ?

When you consider that Bandai have stopped including standing figures in their SW kits, it's unlikely you will find any Bandai stand-alone figures in 1/72, 1/48 or 1/144. Whether it's licensing or something else, it was a very conscious decision to change the standing full figures to flatties (even on the existing kits that once had them). Petitioning them won't make any difference, I wouldn't have thought.

if anyone does know anywhere else to get SW scale figures, I'd also love to know.

I don't think that's right, if you mean the Bandai 1:72 Falcon has the SE grille. The grid spacing seems to resemble that of the TFA Falcon, not the ANH SE Falcon. Which is even stranger to me.

But hey - I doubt it'll be difficult to get a piece of white acrylic plastic, bend it to the right shape, and slap it in there if you really want to!
Truthfully, there was no ANH se falcon. the digital asset was the ESB falcon

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

r0ver , thanks for your reply mate . Forgot about the ' flattie ' kerfuffle ! . Did purchase two 1/72 kits from a Japanese site recently , x-wing came with all fully developed ' original ' figures , but the y-wing contained the ' replacement - squished one ! ' :angry. Guess I was hoping / wishing all that stuff was over by now , or at least in the process of being , seeings how no other company manufacturing ' Star Wars ' model ( plastic ) kits are producing seperate sets of figures to the scales I mentioned above . Still keeping my fingers crossed .

Getting back to the 1/72 MF , has anyone heard of / purchased from a site called 'PREMIUMCOLLECTABLES.COM.AU ' ? . Asking cause they're offering pre - orders now as well at $ 529.95 (AUD) postage free for orders over $100 , though that's only for Aussie addresses .

Cheers Ged

Last edited by a moderator:
@r0ver , thanks for your reply mate . Forgot about the ' flattie ' kerfuffle ! . Did purchase two 1/72 kits from a Japanese site recently , x-wing came with all fully developed ' original ' figures , but the y-wing contained the ' replacement - squished one ! ' :angry. Guess I was hoping / wishing all that stuff was over by now , or at least in the process of being , seeings how no other company manufacturing ' Star Wars ' model ( plastic ) kits are producing seperate sets of figures to the scales I mentioned above . Still keeping my fingers crossed .

Getting back to the 1/72 MF , has anyone heard of / purchased from a site called 'PREMIUMCOLLECTABLES.COM.AU ' ? . Asking cause they're offering pre - orders now as well at $ 529.95 (AUD) postage free for orders over $100 , though that's only for Aussie addresses .

Cheers Ged
That's not a terrible price. AUD isn't much different than our Canadian dollar and I can't get it for much cheaper than that shipped

- - - Updated - - -

I like grills, and steaks on them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'll be honest, I've started to go for the cast iron pan sear route and it's paying off nicely

Truthfully, there was no ANH se falcon. the digital asset was the ESB falcon

Not entirely true....the Falcon in the Death Star hanger was the 32 ( probably the practical model, with a bit of Ps to colour it....make it blend)....but the CG asset made for the SE's was a bit of a hybrid.....there are elements of both & of its own

J

Not entirely true....the Falcon in the Death Star hanger was the 32 ( probably the practical model, with a bit of Ps to colour it....make it blend)....but the CG asset made for the SE's was a bit of a hybrid.....there are elements of both & of its own

J
Most definately elements of both.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hey, guys:

Re: weathering the Falcon and streaking (no, not that kind): I consider myself a decent modeler, but the one thing I haven't been able to master is streaking effects. For smaller scale subjects I can get by with an artist's pencil, but penciled lines won't scale up well for Bandai's 1/72 kit. :-(

Any technique suggestions? What do you guys do?

Thanks!

20170620_falcon_11.jpg20170620_falcon_10.jpgmf-3.jpgmf-2.jpgmillenniumfalcon_72_1_05_2048x2048.jpgmillenniumfalcon-72-1-06_orig.jpgSDCC-2017-Bandai-Booth-014.jpgSDCC-2017-Bandai-Booth-016.jpgSDCC-2017-Bandai-Booth-017.jpgSDCC-2017-Bandai-Booth-015.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, to me, those military guys are always making miniature versions of what we see in reality..because they have that as a reference. And a lot of their techniques reflect that. But the sci-fi guys only have fictional representations to go by. It's either what we see in the model museum, or what we see on screen. We don't have any reference for a real falcon.
I'm pretty sure many military modellers look at references that have whatever effect they are wanting to similate. It may not always be of the same vehicle. They can also look at examples of the actual vehicle for overall reference.

SF modellers can also look at jets for engine reference, boats and rockets for hull reference, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Are there any details about the koolshade cockpit ring? I imagine that it will have to have some aftermarket mod.

Are there any details about the koolshade cockpit ring? I imagine that it will have to have some aftermarket mod.

It looks like it's PE too,....you can see the holes through that area that the Koolshade is supposed to be around......also in this video you can see the moiré pattern as the model spins (& the camera's unsteadiness)

I think we are in for a treat

J

Last edited by a moderator:
They went the extra mile with the battle damage, to bad they didn't buckle the plating along the overhang. That would have been epic. Now I have to figure out a way to do it myself. The plastic on the 1/144 was pretty pliable and you could just bend it. I wonder if this is the same stuff.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back