My Bandai 1/48 AT-St

Looking sweet mate . Take it that's the beginnings of an Endor diorama ?
Good luck , and look forward to seeing it finished .

Cheers Ged :thumbsup

Thanks guys!! Yeah, will be Endor or as good as I can do anyway. The green is just masking tape to form terrain while I wait for the plaster bandage to turn up. Today I washed the standing dead tree (pine stick) with a wash of Tamiya red-brown followed by a black to simulate better the bark colour of the Californian Redwood tree. Also glued the leg joins on the Walker in place as the cockpit of it is too heavy and it would keep doing squats (Imperial troops NEVER miss leg day). Also gave it one more wash of black and made the very rookie mistake of doing a horizontal brush stroke :facepalm I don't think it's too noticeable but I know it's there. Still, first model in near on 20 years so won't kill myself too much.

Wash on tree can be seen better here:

Attachments

• IMG_20170714_114511.jpg
    IMG_20170714_114511.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20170714_114526.jpg
    IMG_20170714_114526.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 82
Plastered up base today in prep for painting

And made then added Selleys gap filler around the bottom of the fallen tree so that it doesn't look like it's simply sitting on top of the terrain

Next step will be to paint with a mix of black and flat brown

Bahahaha!!! Love it!! Ewok juice lol :D Figured an At-St would weigh a bit so had to make it look like it sank into muddy earth on each step. Thanks for the comments Robert, really appreciate the feedback!!

Regards, Ben :)

Yeah, pine forest I have been through and dug around in (I was in the army and we did a few exercises in pine forests) shows that nice red colour on top from dried pine needles and a really dark almost black colour soil underneath. Also, figured with the amount of fern growth and moss shown in ROTJ that Endor must have a relatively damp climate too. Thanks for the interest Robert!! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back