Authentic Kevin Flynn (Tron 1982) prop costume for SDCC 2017 nearing completion

fleming42

Hi everybody,

I wanted to update you on my replica prop costume as worn by Jeff Bridges in Tron (1982) as Kevin Flynn:

https://flemingcomputer.com/tron

See the link above for a complete write-up to each of the 10 pieces:

1. unitard
2. boots
3. shoulder gear
4. toga
5. belt
6. gloves
7. wrist cuff
8. gauntlet
9. helmet
10. identity disc

Here are a few pics, but lots more at the link above.

IMG_4742.jpgIMG_4621.jpgIMG_4721.jpg

Of all the Tron costumes I’ve seen, this is unquestionably the best and most authentic! I just LOVE how instead of going for the blue lines (which could have been tacky and distracting), you decided to go with the original black lines! Although the part that really sells the outfit to me is the second to none attention to detail. From what I can tell, it is 94% screen accurate (all it needs are some tweaks with the boots, the older helmet, and wearing the belt up higher). From your helmet video, you said you’re thinking about modding the original helmet to match Tron’s, so are you planning to do a Tron costume? I think you look just like Bruce Boxleitner!
End of Line.

Thank you The Searcher! I appreciate you liking my work, and my intent behind it. I'm actually interested in doing all the costumes for the main characters over time. I want to do Yori's costume next actually. Hoping for a cast cosplay some day.

The Searcher, it's hard to say how many characters one could end up with. It's so much work - I'll just approach them one at a time and see.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you serrecuir! And thank you for this amazing picture - this is one I hadn't seen before - just added it to my archives!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back