Tomenosuke blaster assembly kit tips and tricks, help the new builders

This might be a stupid question, but is anyone polishing the inside faces of the grips?
Absolutely, otherwise you technically have an opaque side and the internals wont be as visible

- - - Updated - - -

1) Look here: https://plus.google.com/photos/1082...21088809041?banner=pwa&authkey=CKPMzNOEpqjJQQ (THIS IS NOT AS EASY AS IT LOOKS!!!!!)

I'm just going to use a little rub'n'buff pewter to give the plastic parts some shine...

2) There's really not much to it! Make sure to measure everything to start with. Use a hacksaw, Dremel or grinder to cut off the barrel, leaving a few millimeter to file down manually to the exact length. You can glue the barrel in place if you want (make sure it fits with the front screws!)... I'll just let it sit there, the screws will hold it in place...

Bro thanks so much for those pics. Just noticed both of my questions were roughly answered in previous posts in this thread!! Duh. Somehow I missed them. Anyway those pics give me more to go on so thanks. All those pictures are of the plastic barrel right? Or is one metal?

Last edited:
Bro thanks so much for those pics. Just noticed both of my questions were roughly answered in previous posts in this thread!! Duh. Somehow I missed them. Anyway those pics give me more to go one so thanks. All those pictures are of the plastic barrel right? Or is one metal?

Everything is plastic. But the Tomen plastic parts are cold casted (or similar) so metal is contained in the parts. So - theoretically - you can polish them to a metal finish... I could never get it to work though... perhaps others have had more succes?

One more note regarding sanding the grips - if you're a novice like me using a Dremel or sanding machine of some sort, keep it at a fairly low speed and keep the sanding head moving at all times because it is very easy to burn into the plastic!

Hey guys, if you haven't already, check your parts. I went to start sanding/polishing/bluing the small parts, and I'm missing the safety for the Steyr receiver. :(

What is everyone doing with the small metal parts like the cylinder latch, triggers, and the like? Are you painting these or polishing them up and bluing?

anyone ever lighted the inside of the grips, were was once talk of lighting in there wasn't there?

Not sure but a little over the top for my taste so I won't be bothering. Once they're polished up they look awesome in just daylight.

Speaking of which, I don't want to spam this thread with constant updates of my build, but go take a look guys; it's all done! Link is in my Signature.

I have completed my build and seem to have an extra screw. It is very large slotted screw, bigger than any other screw in the kit. I have poured over pictures of blasters and the instructions and I cant seem to find where it goes. I also seem to have lost M3-L8 Screw at some point, but at least I can order one (or a box of them lol).

The large slotted screw is an optional piece to put in place of the Weaver knob. It is screen accurate to do so, however the Weaver knob is World-Con accurate (and I guess now 2049 screen-accurate) :wacko

I have completed my build and seem to have an extra screw. It is very large slotted screw, bigger than any other screw in the kit. I have poured over pictures of blasters and the instructions and I cant seem to find where it goes. I also seem to have lost M3-L8 Screw at some point, but at least I can order one (or a box of them lol).

The large slotted screw is an optional piece to put in place of the Weaver knob. It is screen accurate to do so, however the Weaver knob is World-Con accurate (and I guess now 2049 screen-accurate) :wacko

Thanks, I was so confused It is a giant screw and I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.

Just getting around to finishing the bulldog portion of the kit. Anyone have any tips about how the springs are installed in the triggers? The instructions are unclear at best.

Just getting around to finishing the bulldog portion of the kit. Anyone have any tips about how the springs are installed in the triggers? The instructions are unclear at best.

I'm building mine now and have just managed to get the triggers and hammer in and working - took about an hour and a half of fiddling. The instructions are pretty good actually, just take it very slowly and pay close attention to every piece. The only part that is too vague is fitting hammer - it took me a while to realise the hand (part 38) sits inside the recessed area on the left side of the hammer. It may take half a dozen tries but eventually you'll get everything lined up and working.

Well rather than start yet another thread I'll post my pics of mine here. SO pleased to have it done finally. Very glad I went with the weathered look as it gained several scuffs and scratches in the build! Love it. Also there's a pic of my little bookcase cubby hole I have for it and a blatant self promotional photo if the blaster with my Blade Runner alternative movie poster artwork print :)

WP_20170817_11_17_21_Pro.jpgWP_20170817_11_19_12_Pro.jpgWP_20170817_11_19_26_Pro.jpgWP_20170817_11_19_37_Pro.jpgWP_20170817_11_19_49_Pro.jpgWP_20170817_11_20_52_Pro.jpgWP_20170817_11_22_00_Pro.jpg

I'm building mine now and have just managed to get the triggers and hammer in and working - took about an hour and a half of fiddling. The instructions are pretty good actually, just take it very slowly and pay close attention to every piece. The only part that is too vague is fitting hammer - it took me a while to realise the hand (part 38) sits inside the recessed area on the left side of the hammer. It may take half a dozen tries but eventually you'll get everything lined up and working.

Huh, I got the hammer without even looking at the instructions. It's the trigger springs that didn't make any intuitive sense. I'll look again tonight.

I wasn't in any big hurry to build the revolver portion because I have a real Bulldog that needs a barrel & some machining, but I got impatient & decided I'd like to play with it in non-shooty form while I wait.

Final post on this, I printed off a copy of Mark Raats' user manual and added that to my small display (@KramStaar - hope that's ok). Might add a holster later if there's room for one! Done.

WP_20170818_10_03_39_Pro.jpg

Sorry I meant to put this in the post - it's on Mark Raats website: http://www.markraats.com/PKD_Build/index.htm (I added colour myself as the pdfs ar black and white).

I assume it's something Mark put together himself, but I don't know for sure. Plus there's so much info on the blaster there that it'll keep you busy for ages! AND he paints like a genius.

Thanks very much for your kind words mate. In answer to your question; Yes, I made the manual from scratch and I drew all diagrams and exploded views.

Where did you find that manual?

The link NeilDavies provided is correct and the manual is on the downloads page - please keep it for your private use and don't put it up on eBay for sale.

This is my personal version of the manual. Its smaller than the one I have provided and as you can see, I have modified the cover as well.

Blade_Runner_PKD.jpg

All the best,
MARK

Attachments

• Blade_Runner_PKD.jpg
    Blade_Runner_PKD.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 326
Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back