Do3D question

KenFrost

I saw a thread where someone had asked about do3d.com and their quality.
I had posted a question about if the site was still active because i had tried to contact them twice and never received any correspondence back in several days.
For some reason my post was deleted which i don't understand why.
I merely wanted to know if anyone knew about the company as i was trying to inquire about purchasing something from their website. I don't understand how that violates any of the terms on this site.

Do3d's customer service sucks. They are usually quite happy to take your money but after sales is non-existent.

I agree with wannabe on this one. BEFORE you buy anything from them, make sure you ask others especially here on the RPF what they paid for the exact same model. I say this because they don't advertise prices on their site (which they should) and they have a bad habit of charging different people different prices on the same model. Just get really informed before buying from them.

I agree with wannabe on this one. BEFORE you buy anything from them, make sure you ask others especially here on the RPF what they paid for the exact same model. I say this because they don't advertise prices on their site (which they should) and they have a bad habit of charging different people different prices on the same model. Just get really informed before buying from them.

Yeah, I agree the "ask to get a price" seems sketchy and honestly a waste of time for them. Setup a digital shop where you click add to cart and done.

16icwea.jpg

Last edited:
Im looking for a 3d model of a Y-wing helmet, and saw that Do3D have one, they wanter 79 bucks for it, seems pricy, but how ever, any one have any thing good to say about them, does their models work ? is it Worth it ? Or is there other STL files out there for a Y-wing helmet ?

I had recently ordered from them, I received the file but it was damaged and was unable to be printed, they did not fix the file nor refunded my money. The model it self when sliced had multiple holes in it and the walls thinned out to where they would break. So with this company I would definitely be careful, high prices with no grantee of quality or product.

Attachments

• 23113624_10156124851810288_1641905096_n.jpg
    23113624_10156124851810288_1641905096_n.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 23131311_10156124851835288_2057997193_o.jpg
    23131311_10156124851835288_2057997193_o.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 88
i've had a few files from them. They're not perfect by any means but at the time i wasnt able to model the stuff myself. Many sections i've found to be far too thin, others perfectly fine. Their flash suit was completely inaccurate, certainly not worth the price, worst thing is all their suits come as a single piece, you have to do all the work to split the sections. They do not test their own files, they stick them straight up for sale and only fix things after enough complaints. If you can find a better source for a file, i would do so, but if nobody else has made a file for what you're after then there's not much choice. Check Etsy and CGtrader.
their price of $79 is their standard helmet price but does include rights to sell prints. However for the same price you could also commission this guy (link below) who makes some fantastic files.
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=4430621

Just to add to what others have said; I ordered a few files from them. Parts were incomplete and needed a lot of work to make them printable. Customer service was terrible; when I brought up that nothing could be printed, they offered "better files" they had of the same helmet (that wasn't on the site) for more money. Do3D is a scam, stay far away from them.

Personally I haven't had a problem with them... yet. I paid for a file for a very reasonable price some time ago and as that went smoothly I also commissioned one very recently with no problems with edits or aftercare etc..

I guess from what I'm reading I lucked out

Price is one thing, but I have heard nothing but good things about their service. Plenty of people say they have issue with a file, and they get fixed straight away. I've just emailed them for a quote to design an item. We'll see what price that comes in at...

I can not vouch for do3d at all. Customer service was really bad. I don't want to go into all the details about the exact issue I had with the model I purchased so I keep this brief:
The model i got from them was nothing like the one they advertised on their page. That made it impossible for me to make it work on my printer.
Their customer service was absolutely horrible. I was delayed time and time again. Every E-Mail was obviously answered by someone completely different. Their english is not very good which makes misunderstandings quite frequent. I never got the file i intended to purchase. Never again will I use their service and I highly recommend to stay away from their files. There are much better and more accurate alternatives out there.

I can not vouch for do3d at all. Customer service was really bad. I don't want to go into all the details about the exact issue I had with the model I purchased so I keep this brief:
The model i got from them was nothing like the one they advertised on their page. That made it impossible for me to make it work on my printer.
Their customer service was absolutely horrible. I was delayed time and time again. Every E-Mail was obviously answered by someone completely different. Their english is not very good which makes misunderstandings quite frequent. I never got the file i intended to purchase. Never again will I use their service and I highly recommend to stay away from their files. There are much better and more accurate alternatives out there.

Would you happen to know other places where I can purchase 3D print ready files? In particular I'm looking for the Mark 42 IM suit, and to my knowledge DO3D are the only site/people who have one for sale. The only other versions are pep files from this forum. Thanks.

I also bought something from them and the model had holes that wouldn't repair. I tried 3 different software apps and nothing would correct the issues. I didn't bother going back to them about it because they hadn't been great about giving detailed info the past times I reached out to them. Luckily it wasn't an expensive piece.

I bought the War Machine files from them.

It was supposed to have the hands and fingers.

Didn't come with them, so I emailed them.

They sent over the hands and finger files

No massive issues from me.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back