Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    1 Day Ago  Jul 19, 2017, 12:53 PM - Re: The 100 greatest props in movie history, and the stories behind them #26

Couldn't disagree more.
    From
    Newcastle, UK
    11 Hours Ago  Jul 20, 2017, 4:17 PM - Re: The 100 greatest props in movie history, and the stories behind them #27

Funky said: View Post
    Dascoyne, surely you're not serious.
    Dont get me wrong, I LOVE Bladrunner with all my heart. However, I'm not going to let the love of the movie cloud my judgment. How many people outside of this forum can describe the gun in detail? Sure, you can fool yourself into thinking there are many, probably based on the number of prop PKDs that are sold and at their great prices. But those are mostly gun enthusiasts and die hard fans of the movie. 90 percent of the general public that have seen and liked the movie couldn't pick out that gun in a lineup if their lives were depending on it.
    Of all the people I know, only 2 of them actually know that lightsabers come with different hilts. The lightsaber is recognisable to the average joe as a laser sword. Not many outside of this forum would be abe to describe any of them in any detail, much less know which hilt belongs to who. Ask any casual fan what Obi Wan's saber looks like and they will say"blue".

The BR gun deserves its place on the list because of people like us that revere it and invest in it, much the same as the lightsaber or the matty hoverboard.