Moebius Proteus

vismus

Closely based on
Carson Dyle's and Lou Dalmaso's builds, This is my Proteus.

IMG_6741.jpgIMG_6734.jpgIMG_6739.jpgIMG_6727.jpgIMG_6746.jpg

Love it! The movie scared and fascinated me at the same time when I was a kid, and I loved the ship design from the first second seeing it.

Wonderful build-up!
(I hope to get one of these kits with my Christmas bonus)

I also plan to open up the aft window view ports as you did- any problems unforeseen or construction photos?

Thank you, kind sirs,
The Proteus was designed by Harper Goff who also designed the Nautilus for Disney's "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea".
I'll post build up pix soon

Tommie

Construction issues:
The pilot's seat and surround seemed a bit forward of the upper hull opening. Luckily, I had only tacked the assembly in place. To get a proper placement, I had to rock the assembly back just a touch. Nothing you would see after completion.
Also, because I added so many LEDs and ran the resistors below the cabin insert, I had to sand a bit of the bulkhead seperating the forward cab and lab down a bit.

The finish Proteus and base. Know the base lighting color should be far more yellow but I had a load of LED tape and chose to go with it.IMG_6734.jpgIMG_6739.jpgIMG_6746.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6741.jpg
    IMG_6741.jpg
    537.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back