Tie Interceptor 1:144

ThomasTheHuman

Here comes Tie interceptor. Going to paint it in 2 weeks from now, as well as some of my ships from 1:8000 fleet project. Another Tie fighter is printing right now. The model is from thingiverse, scaled it up to match 1:144. On the images model is quite wet since I took them just after taking it out from water.
yVsBY0E.jpgxG3qYY4.jpgzC18kMN.jpgXvnD2Mc.jpg

Looks better than a lot of the printed stuff I've seen. Even better than Shapeways

Unless I am mistaken, even zooming in on the pics, it doesn't appear to have pronounced "layering" or print lines like those others

it is much smoother looking

The D7 is an SLA printer (using stereo lasers to cure the resin) - I believe that's true of SLA printers in general. Makes me want to get one - being able to print smooth 1:144th stuff for dioramas for my fleet would be amazing.

EDIT: Sorry, it's not an SLA printer - not sure where I got that from. But it's a similar technology using UV light to cure resin, rather than laying down layers of melted plastic bit by bit.

It's modified SLA, it uses LCD with UV backlight rather than laser to cure resin - this is the only difference. It prints really smooth after some modifications I made, at 25 micron resolution you can't see layers. Btw blakeh1, this is the resolution I will be printing the turbolasers I was talking about on keeper of the force. ;)

It's modified SLA, it uses LCD with UV backlight rather than laser to cure resin - this is the only difference. It prints really smooth after some modifications I made, at 25 micron resolution you can't see layers. Btw blakeh1, this is the resolution I will be printing the turbolasers I was talking about on keeper of the force. ;)

That will indeed be awesome!

How involved are those modifications? At around $500, it's REALLY tempting to pick one up - that's a fantastic price for something capable of prints of that quality.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back