Miniature Cloth Fabric??

HighlanderFX

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
What would you guys use for something that is suppose to be a bandage wrap or maybe just torn cloth but at a scaled size, i.e. is there something that has a weave size that fits a smaller scale (as opposed to going to Joann's and getting some fabric for normal apparel making where the weave would be 1:1 scale)?

That's a tough one, you can try to find the finest silk weave, if that's too course then just go with paper. Assuming it doesn't have to bend and flex.

Unfortunately it does. It needs to wrap around a pole.

I meant repeatably, like a garment on an action figure. If it's going to be wrapped and left then I'd try out different types of tissue paper saturated with a clear dope to set it.

To simulate Nomex-type space blankets, I've experimented with various types of waterproof self-adhesive bandages. They have a very fine texture to them, and not being made of nylon or cloth, they don't fray like a standard Band-Aid......

but out it all depends on the scale you are building in.

Gene

From a member in this forum and one from this thread, I used tissue paper for gifts, soaked in coffee or colored liquid to achieve the cloth look. It worked for me in the 1/270 scale.

Bill

Paper napkins often have embossed textures that can be useful. Try shopping the paper products aisle at the grocery.

Regards, Robert

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back