Rick & Morty Portal Gun coming soon...

Oooh. That looks like a great starting point. I've printed out one of the 3D models (may have been SubRosa's?) but havn't got around to playing with fluorescent green filament yet.

In the lower photo the Funko model has three identical lights on the front, which is how it's drawn in the show. In the upper photo, the middle light appears to have a white surround, which looks a bit weird.

Shoot! I just pumped a lot of money into making one myself! Should have the rest of the parts by tomorrow. I wonder how new that product is. Like, if it's been posted on their site for a while or something.

They only just went up. I have one on the way. From the photos of an adult holding it with the adult costume it looks a little small, but we'll see.

Looks like it could be a good base. I'm specing out parts for one that used a pull solenoid attached to a small weight that gives a little kick when you press the knob in. Also looking into getting some glass blown for a custom plasma ball for the bulb thing on top.

I was going to bondo the crap out of a 3d print of of a friends printer, but if this is decent I might go with it instead. Please post lots of pics when you get it. Maybe show us the insides too?

Still waiting on the Spirit one, but I just got the SDCC zone by PhatMojo. It's all chrome so it's a fingerprint magnet. No sound but the tube, display and front lights up and projects an actual cartoon portal image. They cheaped out on the front and just put two dot stickers for the other emitters. If I wanted to modify it Id probably replace those will drilled out holes form some LED holders, and pop in a sound unit from the Spirit one, but because its the limited exclusive, I'll probably just leave it for now.

IMG_2334.JPGIMG_2335.JPGIMG_2337.JPGIMG_2339.JPGIMG_2336.JPGIMG_2338.JPGIMG_2330.JPG

Here are the Spirit Halloween versions. Lights and sounds are really cool and bright. Portal gun is a bit small, and laser gun has a lot of scuffed paint and full of screw holes on one side, but it would be easy to fill and repaint.

IMG_2448.JPGIMG_2451.JPGIMG_2455.JPGIMG_2450.JPG

IMG_2452.JPGIMG_2454.JPGIMG_2453.JPG

Here are the Spirit Halloween versions. Lights and sounds are really cool and bright. Portal gun is a bit small, and laser gun has a lot of scuffed paint and full of screw holes on one side, but it would be easy to fill and repaint.

View attachment 753535View attachment 753537View attachment 753541View attachment 753536

View attachment 753538View attachment 753540View attachment 753539

Can you show a size comparison between the Spirit one and the SDCC one? I definitely feel the Spirit one is smaller, and the Funko one will hopefully be the right size.

One of the Spirit ones I saw today had the 7 from C-137 upside down, so look out for flaws ppl. I feel like the Spirit one is a nice enough piece functionally, but maybe needs another LED on the other side of the C-137 window.

Ill get a shot tonight, its about the same length for the body, but the handle is waaaaay shorter.

Im glad the Funk one seems like it will be a combination of these 2, with the lights and sounds, but also the projector.

Cool! I ordered a Spirit Halloween portal gun. I can already see I'm gonna want to change out the tube and do some upgrades but ya can't beat the price. If nothing else it'll keep me busy till the Funko one comes out. Thanks for posting pics!

I tried (unsuccesfully) to get the SDCC portal gun each day I was at the convention. However, my understanding was that the only difference between it and the regular funko one that comes out is the paint. The SDCC one is chrome and the regular Funko one is white.

The SDCC one isn't made by Funko, totally different mold and design. Compare the press shots.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back