DOJ Flash Armored Speedforce Suit Build [WIP]

ArmoredAmir

Hey all so I'm taking a break on my Red Hood build until I get the helmet so I was looking around what to do next. The Flash is my favorite superhero and I saw a picture Ironhead Studios posted on Instagram with the suit Flash wore in the dream sequence in Dawn of Justice when he spoke to Bruce. This thing is beautiful. It was love at first sight for me. The only pictures I can find of it are these two that are from Ironhead's Instagram (And then some low quality ones from the movie but it only really show his helmet and hand), and I emailed them also so see if they're willing to send more pictures (I highly doubt they can but that'd be awesome so I have more reference).

Front.pngMain.pngdream scene.pnghelmet opening.jpg

I plan on using foam for majority of the armor but for the helmet, I have no idea where to start. I'm really bad at 3D modeling but I'm most likely going to try and get someone else to model it for me (If anyone has recommendations for who to go to that'd be awesome).I have a 3D printer so I'll 3D print it out and it'll open like it does in the movie and I will attempt to vacuum form the helmet. I just need to use thin craft foam for a cowl so when the helmet opens up (with motors like in the photo) you'll see me wearing flash's cowl (hopefully). Since the armor is heavily weathered, (considering he just traveled through the speedforce) I'm going to try and get like a dark red or maroon under-suit to wear and sew on Velcro for the knee pads, thighs and shins (even though there is strapping for them I feel like they will still try and fall off).

The other day my friend helped duct tape me so I have a full mannequin so scaling and building most of it should be easier. The upper part of the chestplate looks like its inspired by the Armored Batfleck look so I will base it off of that. For the belts/straps that are all over the armor I have this belt called and "Woven Urban Belt" but I only have one so I'll need to get more. Everything but the back of the armor, shins, and boots are basically shown in the photo so I have to figure out how I'll do those but most likely I'll make the shins like his armor in the Justice League movie and maybe just tactical boots that have red accents on them. The Neck seal will be something I'll figure out along the way also maybe see if someone on etsy has something similar to it.

Well update time! I managed to get a lot of the armor done in the past few days. The shins I had to completely guess on what they'd look like from the little part I can see in the photos I have and I think it looks alright. Might go back and make them more like his suit in the Justice League movie. I ordered a zentai suit to go as my undersuit and that'll be here in about 10 days. It took me a while and a few websites to find almost the perfect color for it. I will most likely buy and airbrush and spray black and silver everywhere on it to make it look really weathered. For the chest and knees I used 1/2" thick foam. For the Gauntlets, abs, thighs, and shins, I used 5/16" thick foam. All the red/detail foam is 3mm. The back of the armor is still a mystery on how I want to do it but I cut out a back template I have for myself and will try and shape it so it fits with the front and it'll look normal. Based off Ironhead's pictures I'm pretty sure the shoulders/biceps aren't the same on both sides so for the left I know exactly what it looks like but on the right its different so I'll have out figure out how I want to do it.

Part 1.jpg

I also got some better pictures of the armor from the movie and I think the visor is completely different than the one from Ironhead's pictures.

Front Dream 2.pngFront Dream.png

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back