Sand crawler help not really feeling this one!

mrstubbs

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Having trouble getting the paint right. Any suggestions, tutorials, problems you guys had? What base color did you guys use?
93b66f638ed32a8975be87e642221ae7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sorry I havent looked at the paint yet. When i do i will be looking at the new Archive-X paint line that will be available soon.

Those paints are color matched to the old floquil laquer line and should be a good starting point for these models.

Sorry I havent looked at the paint yet. When i do i will be looking at the new Archive-X paint line that will be available soon.

Those paints are color matched to the old floquil laquer line and should be a good starting point for these models.
Do you have a link or more info on the new Archive-X paint?

i used tamiya XF-64 red brown,once all the layers of weathering were applied after, it came out quite close to the ILM model.

I have this beast of a kit ready to go into production once I have finished Randy Star Destroyer - really looking forward to making the crawler although I did a quick box content check of it last weekend and can see I have a lot of warping to overcome ahead of me - mind you, that's what makes Randy's kits special and all the more of a challenge !

Good luck with your paint job

I have this beast of a kit ready to go into production once I have finished Randy Star Destroyer - really looking forward to making the crawler although I did a quick box content check of it last weekend and can see I have a lot of warping to overcome ahead of me - mind you, that's what makes Randy's kits special and all the more of a challenge !

Good luck with your paint job

Soak the parts in really warm bath water, then lay them flat with some weight to flatten them out.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back