Subscribe
    From
    Fullerton, Cal
    Jul 4, 2017, 12:37 PM - Sand crawler help not really feeling this one! #1

Having trouble getting the paint right. Any suggestions, tutorials, problems you guys had? What base color did you guys use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    From
    Delft, The Netherlands
    Jul 4, 2017, 2:21 PM - Re: Sand crawler help not really feeling this one! #2

Sorry I havent looked at the paint yet. When i do i will be looking at the new Archive-X paint line that will be available soon.

Those paints are color matched to the old floquil laquer line and should be a good starting point for these models.
  3. RPF Premium Member propcollector's Avatar
    Jul 4, 2017, 3:48 PM - Re: Sand crawler help not really feeling this one! #3

marvin said: View Post
    Sorry I havent looked at the paint yet. When i do i will be looking at the new Archive-X paint line that will be available soon.

Those paints are color matched to the old floquil laquer line and should be a good starting point for these models.
    Do you have a link or more info on the new Archive-X paint?
    From
    Delft, The Netherlands
    Jul 4, 2017, 3:56 PM - Re: Sand crawler help not really feeling this one! #4

Archive-X public facebookgroup

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1696820240623353
    From
    Delft, The Netherlands
    Jul 5, 2017, 9:11 AM - Re: Sand crawler help not really feeling this one! #5

Oh and is this the randy cooper kit or something else?
  6. Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Jul 5, 2017, 10:12 AM - Re: Sand crawler help not really feeling this one! #6

That's the cooper kit.
    From
    Delft, The Netherlands
    Jul 5, 2017, 11:43 AM - Re: Sand crawler help not really feeling this one! #7

Droidr4i9 said: View Post
    That's the cooper kit.
    Ok then you should really move this to the general modeling forum since it isnt studio scale.
  8. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    From
    west australia
    Jul 5, 2017, 7:41 PM - Re: Sand crawler help not really feeling this one! #8

i used tamiya XF-64 red brown,once all the layers of weathering were applied after, it came out quite close to the ILM model.
  9. Member Since
    Aug 2017
    From
    Iver, Buckinghamshire, UK
    Sep 27, 2017, 7:40 AM - Re: Sand crawler help not really feeling this one! #9

I have this beast of a kit ready to go into production once I have finished Randy Star Destroyer - really looking forward to making the crawler although I did a quick box content check of it last weekend and can see I have a lot of warping to overcome ahead of me - mind you, that's what makes Randy's kits special and all the more of a challenge !

Good luck with your paint job
  10. RPF Janitor RPF Premium Member Lear60man's Avatar
    Sep 28, 2017, 2:29 AM - Re: Sand crawler help not really feeling this one! #10

Gimme Shelter said: View Post
    I have this beast of a kit ready to go into production once I have finished Randy Star Destroyer - really looking forward to making the crawler although I did a quick box content check of it last weekend and can see I have a lot of warping to overcome ahead of me - mind you, that's what makes Randy's kits special and all the more of a challenge !

Good luck with your paint job
    Soak the parts in really warm bath water, then lay them flat with some weight to flatten them out.
  11. Member Since
    Aug 2017
    From
    Iver, Buckinghamshire, UK
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 12:14 PM - Re: Sand crawler help not really feeling this one! #11

any more crawler updates ?