Spider-Man: Homecoming (Post-release)

I finally got to watch this last night.

Let me first tell you I am the biggest fan of Sam Raimi’s first 2 Spider-Man films. Nothing can touch them in my eyes

I absolutely loved homecoming!! It was a little hard for me at first because of all the big character changes. I’ve been reading Spider-Man well since I could read, but I quickly got over the difference in characters.

I kinda liked flash also a nerd, it worked well!

Again, I liked this so much because with these new characters I didn’t know what to expect, so it made it really fun

I think holland did a good job, again Tobey will always be my Spider-Man. But holland was great!! We really can’t even compare the films because it’s a totally different universe.

I LOVED the home made costume! This is classic!! The little cameos with shocker, and scorpion I loved it!

The Washington monument had to be my favorite part. Really liked seeing him afraid of being that high for his first time.

My only questions is (and I have yet to see the Blu-ray extra footage) why does he call her “may” and not aunt may? And I am a HUGE Marisa Tomei fan! I’ve been in love with her since the 90s and I saw my cousin vinny

The guy who takes shockers shocker, is that another comic book cameo? I stopped reading spidey books when the goblin had love child(s) with Gwen Stacey... so that was in the early 2000’s. I didn’t know if he was a new version of shocker in the books?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never read comics, but enjoy the movies. So I'm coming from that point. I also liked the Raimi movies and thought this was really good. I never saw any of the ones between these.

I loved the Aunt May scene in the credits when she sees him in the Spidey suit! That was hilarious.

My only questions is (and I have yet to see the Blu-ray extra footage) why does he call her “may” and not aunt may? And I am a HUGE Marisa Tomei fan! I’ve been in love with her since the 90s and I saw my cousin vinny

The guy who takes shockers shocker, is that another comic book cameo? I stopped reading spidey books when the goblin had love child(s) with Gwen Stacey... so that was in the early 2000’s. I didn’t know if he was a new version of shocker in the books?

Probably they were so close that May was comfortable with Peter calling her just "May"

The first Shocker was Jackson Brice, the second one is Herman Schultz. I think Jackson Brice wasn't the Shocker in the comics so I think his role could be the "cameo" (not really sure about that since I'm not too familiar with them)

Guys I was watching it again right now. Something just bothered me

Did u hear the conversation the kids were having with Liz, on the F kill marry question. I didn’t hear it the first time

But just had to rewind it to double check. And sure enough that young girl says “f Thor”

I seriously can’t believe Disney let that slip through, it a really u comfortable part, those kids look to be 15, it not they are portraying real young kids.

Quickly pulled me out of the flick

Seriously amazed Disney let that stay in the film

Mr Sunday movies did a great video showing all the Easter eggs. I didn’t pick up on the web fluid v3.0 as in the 3.0 version of the franchise lol

If you think 15 year olds don't talk like that...

Especially in New York.

My only questions is (and I have yet to see the Blu-ray extra footage) why does he call her “may” and not aunt may?

I have never called my aunts or uncles "Aunt _____" or "Uncle ______". I just call them by name. When I'm talking to family members who know them, I call them by name. When I'm talking about them to friends, I usually say "my aunt ______" or like that. Some people do address their aunts and uncles as "Aunt _____" and "Uncle _____". Personal preference. It didn't jump out at me in the movie, so it felt organic to me. *shrug*

--Jonah

The thing about the FKM game is that it's fine for girls/women, but if guys did it then you're sick, misogynistic, etc.

I have never called my aunts or uncles "Aunt _____" or "Uncle ______". I just call them by name. When I'm talking to family members who know them, I call them by name. When I'm talking about them to friends, I usually say "my aunt ______" or like that. Some people do address their aunts and uncles as "Aunt _____" and "Uncle _____". Personal preference. It didn't jump out at me in the movie, so it felt organic to me. *shrug*

--Jonah

I always called mine Uncle _______, Aunt ______, but my 14yo. nephew always called me J or Jason and my 10yo. niece always says J or JJ.

I get that today kids talk like that, I can’t believe Disney allowed it in their film... kinda weird

I too have always referred to my aunts and uncles with aunt or uncle before their name.

Maybe this hot aunt may doesn’t want to be called aunt?

I just didn’t know if they changed it and this hot aunt may wasn’t his actual aunt.

I get that today kids talk like that, I can’t believe Disney allowed it in their film... kinda weird

I too have always referred to my aunts and uncles with aunt or uncle before their name.

Maybe this hot aunt may doesn’t want to be called aunt?

I just didn’t know if they changed it and this hot aunt may wasn’t his actual aunt.

I think that it's not so much a thing of "kid's today" as much as different family customs. For instance, in my wife's family, our kids call all of her cousins aunt and uncle even though they are technically their cousins as well; yet in other families I'm sure that kids would address the cousins of their parents by just their first name. So, even though addressing one's aunt and uncles as aunt and uncle so and so it's obviously not universal and there's really no hard rules saying that they have to either.

I have some aunts and uncles I call by "aunt" or "uncle" and some that I do not. And there is really no reasoning behind any of it, not age or lack of respect or anything. It's just the way it turned out.

I finally got around to watching this tonight, and really enjoyed it.

I don't know if I should have caught on sooner or what, but the twist of Toomes being Liz's dad really caught me off guard.

Good stuff...and Tom Holland is definitely the best actor to play Peter Parker out of all of these different films. I felt that he just WAS Peter Parker.

I finally got around to watching this tonight, and really enjoyed it.

I don't know if I should have caught on sooner or what, but the twist of Toomes being Liz's dad really caught me off guard.

Good stuff...and Tom Holland is definitely the best actor to play Peter Parker out of all of these different films. I felt that he just WAS Peter Parker.

I too was shocked when he opened the door! Couldn’t believe it, they really got me on that one.

I thought his “goggles” helped keep his spidey sense At bay

The official term is Spider Sense.
Although the misuse as Spidey Sense has become so prevalent it has creeped into licensed stuff on occasion. But the original was Spider.

#triggered was me poking fun at myself.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back