Spider-Man: Homecoming (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
This is the post-release thread for Spider-Man: Homecoming with spoiler discussion.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING - Official Trailer (HD) - YouTube

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING - Official Trailer #2 (HD) - YouTube

Mondo's Spider-Man: Homecoming poster with artwork by Martin Ansin. This mini-poster will be available for viewers at Cinemark theaters when they see the movie in RealD 3D and Cinemark XD on opening weekend.

DDyz10oVwAA-wNa.jpg

Attachments

• DDyz10oVwAA-wNa.jpg
    DDyz10oVwAA-wNa.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 197
  • DDyz10oVwAA-wNa.jpg
    DDyz10oVwAA-wNa.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 208
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Spider-Man: Homecoming

Spoilers alert below spoiler alert below dont realy know how to.hide the tekst.

So dont read for endingof movie SPOILERS!

Just das the end... iron Spider man suit ? The second half of the movie was the best ! Great Spider-Man ! Vulture was a good villan choise:)

Just got back from watching it and man, TOM HOLLAND KILLS IT!!!!!!! Not as much Iron Man as you thought there would be, he was barely in it. I think Tom Holland is really THE definitive version of Peter Parker AND Spider-Man. He gets what Spider-Man is, someone whose greatest strength is his will and motivation to do what's right. There were some minor things that bugged me out, but the movie still is a solid 10/10 for me.

Also, the 2nd credits scene was the credits scene we've all been waiting for.

Agree completley that Holland was born for this, Id say 7/10. Felt like movie was geared more towards teens, still a great movie though.
Couple things i was suprised about:

Not as much skyscraper/hero shots
No dual fight with Iron man (Mainly because the trailer made it look like there would be one)
He didn't seem as agile (I liked this, assuming he will grow as the movies go on, he looked like he was struggled when climbing up buildings etc/wasn't as quick as previous iterations at it)
MJ

OMFG IRON SPIDER!!!!

J

Just got back from watching it and man, TOM HOLLAND KILLS IT!!!!!!! Not as much Iron Man as you thought there would be, he was barely in it. I think Tom Holland is really THE definitive version of Peter Parker AND Spider-Man. He gets what Spider-Man is, someone whose greatest strength is his will and motivation to do what's right. There were some minor things that bugged me out, but the movie still is a solid 10/10 for me.

Also, the 2nd credits scene was the credits scene we've all been waiting for.

Cool beans! Going at 10pm tonight. How many after credits scenes are there?

Didn't really care for any of the other Spidey films so this one is my FAV!
At the end with the new suit I'm guessing this all takes place far after the events of Civil War?

Really enjoyable flick. I remember when Asa Butterfield was being considered for the role of Spidey. I was so disappointed when he lost out. I have to say Holland has won me over. Perfect seeing the teenage nerdy Parker that I loved in the comics.

A lot of humor, and finally a relatable villain. Keaton was great. Glad they left his part open for a return. Really got a kick out of those over the top cheesy Cap cameos, especially the second after credits scene which amused and annoyed me at the same time.

Solid 7/10 for me.

Gonna go watch it again tomorrow to catch all the little easter eggs. There were already a TON. Plus the first viewing experience wasn't that great because there was this lady who kept kicking the back of my seat. Broke the illusion of the film but I still had fun with it though

That was really really good!! Gotta have time to properly gather my thoughts, but here are some random first impressions: It was hilarious, yet had real gravity, but it was molded and meshed together in a way that felt real. Tom Holland was amazing, he really is far more believable as a person than Garfield and Maguire. And he was also much, much more relatable, and at the same time inspirational, to a teenager who falls very firmly into the "nerd" category.

Can we all agree that Holland deserves a ton of awards for that "trapped in debris" scene alone? I actually teared up a bit because I really really felt for him when he was crying for help.

Definitely, I got a big lump in my throat watching it. He really is a phenomenal actor, the part when he pics up Liz and in the car was so awkward and tense, it literally made me shift around in my seat (in a good way, the situation was just perfectly conveyed by Tom and Michael).

Here are my thoughts. I have a lot to say so bear with me.

Saw it last night and absolutely loved it. It's tons of fun. I was never a huge Spidey fan growing up, but I honestly don't know why. He's so relatable and inspirational, and Tom Holland portrays Peter/Spidey PERFECTLY. This movie showcases what a great actor he is, particularly the scene where he's stuck under the debris. His performance here is moving and powerful, making me root for him more than ever (I noticed the direction here was equally as impressive - the way the shots were framed during this scene elevated the claustrophobic/panicked nature of the moment) and I actually was thinking "how is he going to get out of this!?" Holland really nails the awkward, nervous, yet quirky Peter and lands all the comedic quips with ease while in the suit. Speaking of the suit...I would have preferred if they had used less CGI to smooth out the fabric (it just looks unnatural when he's moving around), but I had no issues with it being made by Stark and having all the crazy bells and whistles. The whole Karen thing was hilarious too.

Additionally, I greatly enjoyed how many high school scenes there were. Having graduated from HS a few years ago, those parts were exceptionally fun to watch. The supporting cast was great and I was really pleased to see how they used Tony Stark (just the right amount). Also great to have Happy Hogan back; I feel like his character gets funnier and more anxious with each new appearance.

The biggest surprise for me was how well written Adrian Toomes/The Vulture was. I think this is the first MCU movie that I've actually really liked the villain (besides maybe GotG Vol. 2)! Although he's a bad guy, his motives actually make sense and you feel sympathy for him in the sense that he would do anything to protect his family. Keaton's performance of Toomes was so intense that at times I was actually scared of him, especially when he's in the Vulture suit. The twist was really great too, especially seeing how Peter reacts to it. Seriously, could you imagine going to pick up your high school crush for the homecoming dance and at the same time, finding out that her dad is a seriously bad dude who's been trying to kill you the past few days? The nerves and anxiety of that situation would be unbearable! In the end, I really wanted to see Toomes make it out alive, and was thrilled to watch Peter run into the fire to pull him out of the rubble, then see Toomes look at Peter with a newfound respect. THAT'S Spider-Man. A kid who does his best to do the right thing, even when the bad guy probably doesn't deserve to be saved. Also, I noticed at some point during the movie that not only does Toome's suit look like a vulture, the name fits his actions. He's a scavenger! Very cool design all around.

Awesome moment to see the Iron Spider suit at the end! And are Tony and Pepper finally getting engaged!? This shocked me since they were taking a break during Civil War, but it's nice to see Pepper again. I think I was as surprised as Tony and Happy were with Peter's decision at the end, but it made me respect him even more. Can't wait for Infinity War and see him fight alongside Cap and the others!

As for the score, I was a bit underwhelmed when the Spider-Man: Homecoming Suite came out (although I love Michael Giacchino's work). However, having seen the film, I can confidently say the score is great. Spidey's new theme is distinct, fun, youthful, and heroic and Vulture's theme is just as menacing and demonic as he is.

Overall, I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing it again this weekend. The story is straightforward and engaging with a very healthy balance between Peter Parker/high school and Spider-Man/action (which does not disappoint). The performances from the main and supporting cast are wonderful. Lots of humor, but more emotionally charged moments would have been welcome. Definitely my favorite Spider-Man film of them all.

Post movie review post-credit scenes review:
The mid-credit scene was neat. Interesting to see Toomes protecting Spidey's identity after all that happened. I am really curious to see where his character goes from here and I love the fact that his character WILL continue down the road (quit offing great villains Marvel!)
Post-Credit scene was HILARIOUS. Might just be my favorite one of them all.

ALSO, I really wish I hadn't watched all the trailers. I had a fairly good understanding of what was going to happen and the order of things going into it, which took away from the experience a bit. I think from now on I'm only going to watch the first trailer...if I can help it :unsure

That's it for my review...thanks for reading all of that.

Last edited:
This movie is so freakin good! Saw it last night and really loved it. Tom Holland really did an amazing job with being Peter Parker. To me thats always the trick with these movies and he killed it. The Spider-Man scenes were all awesome and Michael Keaton really knocked it out of the park as Vulture. I don't remember the last time a Marvel movie had a really convincing villain. I mean, you know Spidey is going to win in the end, but Michael Keaton comes off so badass and menacing that you almost think Spider-Man might not be able to pull this off. The scene where they reveal that Vulture is the father of the girl Peter has been crushing on during the whole movie was perfect. I was in a packed theatre and pretty much the whole audience gasped. The final scene with Aunt May was hilarious. I really can't wait to see this again.

The only question I have is about Donald Glover. It seemed like such a waste to have someone like him playing a tiny part. Is his character supposed to be someone from the comics? Were they setting up a possible future villain?

This movie is so freakin good! Saw it last night and really loved it. Tom Holland really did an amazing job with being Peter Parker. To me thats always the trick with these movies and he killed it. The Spider-Man scenes were all awesome and Michael Keaton really knocked it out of the park as Vulture. I don't remember the last time a Marvel movie had a really convincing villain. I mean, you know Spidey is going to win in the end, but Michael Keaton comes off so badass and menacing that you almost think Spider-Man might not be able to pull this off. The scene where they reveal that Vulture is the father of the girl Peter has been crushing on during the whole movie was perfect. I was in a packed theatre and pretty much the whole audience gasped. The final scene with Aunt May was hilarious. I really can't wait to see this again.

The only question I have is about Donald Glover. It seemed like such a waste to have someone like him playing a tiny part. Is his character supposed to be someone from the comics? Were they setting up a possible future villain?

I thought the Aunt May scene at the end was the funniest moment in the whole movie. I can't imagine what was going through her head haha!

And I agree about Donald Glover...seemed like a wasted use of his talent, but I think they might be leaving the door open for a future ally of Spidey?

I had an unfortunate movie-going experience— Some guy behind us had the loudest laugh I've ever heard (our theatre's volume seemed louder than usual theatres, and his laugh alone drowned out dialogue) and I'm glad he was enjoying the movie, but he laughed at just about everything, at things that weren't even funny, and as a result I missed a lot of the punch lines of jokes (he would laugh at the set up) and a lot of the dialogue as a whole. But going beyond that: Loved it. Loved everything about it.
Loved the adaptation of this famous scene:
19702215_1588717837813642_6247448134723018203_n.jpg

Only thing I can think about right now that I didn't like was the Michelle MJ twist, and it has NOTHING to do with her casting/race—I'm just pissed her name was Michelle. It's literally just a twist for the sake of a twist, it has no thematic value and looses it's wow/shock factor on repeat showings when you know she's MJ. If you're going to have her be MJ just call her Mary Jane! I really liked her throughout the rest of the movie, and when she said "I'm not obsessed with him, I'm just observant" I was like "Nah, you're obsessed with him. Calling it now" (which was further proven by her being in detention with him even though she didn't need to be, and that look she gave him when he walked away at the very end. I am proud of that prediction.) I just wish her name was Mary Jane instead of Michelle. Like I hope they retcon that and say Michelle was her middle name, or she lied about her name to the team to mess with them, or some other such nonsense to make her name Mary Jane (otherwise, where does the J come from?). It's such a minor small nitpick in a great movie, like one word being spelled wrong in an entire novel, but initially it just ground my gears.

And I agree about Donald Glover...seemed like a wasted use of his talent, but I think they might be leaving the door open for a future ally of Spidey?
He's credited as Aaron Davis in the film, and in the comics that's the name of the Prowler. When he was talking to the weapons dealers in that scene under the bridge, they mentioned stuff that could let him climb, so that was a nice nod. In the Ultimate comics, he's also Miles Morales' uncle— so that nephew he mentions is likely Miles Morales.

Donald Glover is Aaron Daqvis who is Miles Morales's uncle in the comics
http://time.com/4833029/spiderman-homecoming-donald-glover-miles-morales/

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back