Spider-Man: Homecoming (Post-release)

Just got back from seeing it. It was ok. Nothing more, nothing less. Couple things:

So I guess Zendaya is going to be "MJ"? I saw that "look" she gave peter before he went to the bathroom to meet happy. I have a feeling that will play out down the road.

Was that supposed to be Iron Spider at the end? Didnt feel very "Iron Spidery" to me. Yes it has a metallic shine to it but it didnt even look like Iron Spider, or at least the red and gold one with the arms like im familiar with. No mention of what the suit is either. Missed opportunity.

Guess Pepper is back?

What was that first end credits scene?

Second was funny, but dumb at the same time.

They even had the water dripping on his head too! What a nice call-back in a fantastic scene.
I thought they could have strung it out a little longer - showing him straining against the weight. When he made up his mind he seemed to shrug off the stones pretty fast. But it's a small nitpick.
It might still be my favorite scene - Parker pinned, whimpering and calling for help ... like a teenage kid. It's a heartbreakingly human moment.

I thought they could have strung it out a little longer - showing him straining against the weight. When he made up his mind he seemed to shrug off the stones pretty fast. But it's a small nitpick.
It might still be my favorite scene - Parker pinned, whimpering and calling for help ... like a teenage kid. It's a heartbreakingly human moment.

After my second viewing I definitely have to agree. His struggle seemed much shorter the second time, and I think they should have dragged it out a bit longer. But either way, it's one of my favorite moments

I didn't know how I would feel about a new character playing Spidy but he set the tone. Throughly Loved this movie and Actor.... now until the next Time

Just got back from my second viewing...still great all around. Such a fun movie!

BUT, I really hate when I notice things like this...when Toomes opens the door and Peter suddenly notices he's the Vulture, when did Peter ever see Toomes' face? It seems to me all the encounters he had with Toomes he had his helmet on. Unless Karen had some way of seeing under the helmet or Peter is just really good at vocal recognition, it's a serious plot hole that takes a lot away from the third act.

Please, somebody tell me I'm just forgetting something! I really don't want to be right about this...

Great movie, it was a lot of fun. I didn't much like all the abilities built into the suit. It negated the need for "Spidey Sence", which wasn't touched on even when he wasn't wearing the suit. The Washington Monument scenes were great, especially since we had just seen fireworks over DC. Keaton hits another one out of the park.

I loved Spiderman in the housing estate, with nothing to threw his webs onto, resorting to just running along the ground.

I also liked how the smartest kids in school couldnt put together Peter being missing at the same time as new york hero spiderman was in washington, but Toombs could.

I loved Spiderman in the housing estate, with nothing to threw his webs onto, resorting to just running along the ground.

I also liked how the smartest kids in school couldnt put together Peter being missing at the same time as new york hero spiderman was in washington, but Toombs could.

I don't think they'd ever consider it to be a possibility. Nerdy, skinny Peter Parker who can't even think of a comeback to Flash's insults. How could he be?

I liked CA's PSAs. They even have him in the Whedon Avengers costume - the dorkiest version.

Yeah... that was a nice touch.. because that costume sucked.
It almost looked like Evans was going to lose it and start cracking up. The people that stuck it out to the end clapped when it wrapped.

So, yeah... Pepper's back AND their engaged? WTF?
Happy was kind of a major dick. I liked when Tony was running through his previous titles: "driver, forehead of security, ..."
Training wheels and baby monitor protocols.
Loved the "interrogation" voice changer. "I'm not a girl!!"
Aunt May's "WTF!!" at the end.
Gargan.... with the scorpion tattoo.
I've always like Shocker for some reason... would have like if it wasn't basically an amped Power Fist from Fallout. But I also appreciate that they didn't make him a equal villain to Keaton, but more of a henchman.
VERY happy that they didn't kill off the main villain in this one like they've done in every other Spider-Man movie. Goblin - DEAD; Doc Oc - DEAD; Venom - DEAD; Sandman... I think he just blew away and was not longer "evil"; Lizard - DEAD; Electro - DEAD; Goblin II - DEAD. It's nice to save them for a return later.

Lots of little things that just made it great. Overall it was a great film and so awesome that other companies realize the benefits of sharing Marvel properties for the greater good.

We saw it this morning and both enjoyed the hell out of it. Tom Holland is absolutely adorable and was, I felt, pitch perfect as Spidey/Peter. The Vulture was FAR cooler than he has ever been in the comics. I liked that Tony's presence in the film wasn't overwhelming. The focus on him in the trailers really had me concerned. Solid, solid film and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this version of Spidey in the Avengers movies, and moving forward.

Also, I can't believe we got trolled by Captain America! I was howling with laughter at that. :lol

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Few annoyances though. Where on earth is Spider sense? I feel it's a massive thing just to not be there, or not even to be hinted at?

I love/gently dislike that he has to be saved a few times. It's wonderfully humanising as a young character, he needs help like we all do. But to have a few moments where pure chance saves him. Not great. (Ned turning up to fire the webshooter etc)

The "must be stronger" scene and the fear of being trapped - wonderful. Gets himself out though. Very good.

However - the eight year thing. Annoying and seems a clear mistake.

The tech in the suit was amazing. I loved it. But it doesn't belong here. I can handle it but something about the setup just feels a bit off. Unbelievably cool though.

Enjoyed the film, but not sure it's anything super special.

For a Monday afternoon the showing was surprisingly busy. Obviously strong word of mouth.
Great film!!!! They nailed it on so many levels. Pitch perfect performances from everyone, and I mean everyone. Keaton was just brilliant, that speech he gave to Peter put him in the "Breaking Bad" league of scripting and that twist before hand was gobsmackingly powerful. My jaw, like Peters, hit the ground. And damn it ,was the kid good or what? Easily my favorite Peter Parker and the way they rebooted the Spiderman was excellent. No messing about with the boring origin story again, just right back smack in the middle of the best thing about the character, which is a kid struggling with his superpowers and wanting to be with the winners.
I thought they got the balance of interactions between everybody spot on, the fact Tony wasn't in it too much made absolute sense, and the "older brother" fostering by Happy rang so true and was frequently very funny. Really enjoyed the nods to all the old teenage movie classics, particularly his Ferris failures through the backyards and the Breakfast Club detention. As a group the teens were entertaining without being irritating and felt honest, though MJ often stole a scene.
Full marks to Marvel, they really grounded the reboot in the MCU yet gave themselves enough wriggle room to take the series away from the main cast and story. Sony should give the writers and producers a medal (to go with the millions no doubt) for what they managed to do with the movie. Hugely enjoyable

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Few annoyances though. Where on earth is Spider sense? I feel it's a massive thing just to not be there, or not even to be hinted at?

I love/gently dislike that he has to be saved a few times. It's wonderfully humanising as a young character, he needs help like we all do. But to have a few moments where pure chance saves him. Not great. (Ned turning up to fire the webshooter etc)

The "must be stronger" scene and the fear of being trapped - wonderful. Gets himself out though. Very good.

However - the eight year thing. Annoying and seems a clear mistake.

The tech in the suit was amazing. I loved it. But it doesn't belong here. I can handle it but something about the setup just feels a bit off. Unbelievably cool though.

Enjoyed the film, but not sure it's anything super special.

About the Spider-sense...it's being talked about a lot. In Civil War, Peter says to Tony that ever since he got his powers "it's like my senses have been dialed up to 11." He then tells him that the goggles ("Lordy! Can you even see out of these!?") help him dampen his sensory overload and focus his attention. The spider-sense is still there, I just think Peter hasn't exactly figured it out completely yet. Jon Watts himself has also said that they didn't focus on the spider-sense because "I feel like we have seen a lot of Spider Sense in the previous films, so we didn't really lean into that as hard as they have in the previous films. But I do think it is a really interesting thing to explore." They just wanted to do something different with this movie.

As for the tech suit...I have this weird feeling that he'll get a more tech-damped suit down the road. During that sequence when he's experiencing all of its new capabilities for the first time he says "Mr. Stark really over did it!" That line makes me think that he might really want something without all the crazy unnecessary stuff, but I could totally be wrong.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back