ALIEN Statue cast in Bronze (1979 Movie version)

Thank you.

At the moment I have to do some other work so I had no time to go on with this, but I think I will have more time in December.

Finally, after years I made it to go back to this project. Now I work in a art foundry again, too, so its good conditions to made some bronze casts of this one as soon as it´s finished. I hope I´ll make it this year :unsure:

so here is my progress: finished the back tubes and the upper spine thing. the tubes may be a little too big and too long, so after a cast in wax I might change them again.
Also I started with the arms and they should not need so much time to finish. The hands could be a little bit difficult. And the last part will be my favorite: the tail :sick: sculpting vertebras for days (y)

IMG_6904 Kopie.png

IMG_6906 Kopie.JPG

IMG_6909 Kopie.JPG

IMG_6912 Kopie.JPG

IMG_6914 Kopie.JPG

IMG_6915 Kopie.JPG

IMG_6916 Kopie.JPG

thanks,
well, finished the arms today and will make it to finish the hands maybe too. Maybe I could finish the tail this weekend too, so that I could start making the molds for the new parts next week.

IMG_6922 Kopie.JPG

IMG_6923 Kopie.JPG

IMG_6925 Kopie.JPG

The Foundry opened its doors again, so I was able do make the negative-molds and some wax casts last week. At the weekend I spend some time to clear the casts and fill the air bubbles. All the small detailed structures are not really thankful for wax casting so I had lots of air bubbles I had to fill. Than I connected all the several parts and finished the first wax model for the bronze cast. I hope to be able to cast is the next 2 weeks and I hope it will come out fine. The mold for the tail is not completely done yet so this bodypart is still missing. But ist better to connect it in the foundry anyway so it wont break while the transport.

IMG_6959 Kopie.JPG

IMG_6960 Kopie.JPG

IMG_6964 Kopie.JPG

IMG_6965 Kopie.JPG

IMG_6968 Kopie.JPG

IMG_6970 Kopie.JPG

IMG_6971 Kopie.JPG

here some pictures with the tail pushed in position. As I said, I ll connect it finally in the foundry. Next week I will mould it for the bronze cast.

IMG_7034 Kopie.JPG

IMG_7036 Kopie.JPG

IMG_7037 Kopie.JPG

Fantastic detail! Cool how you based it on the original alien with the humanoid legs, even though I appreciate the design of the Alien:Isolation creature. Beautiful work!!

cast of the first one will be next monday now, because an important figure have to be done this week prior.
But I made a pair of stainless steel teeth today, which I want to put into my next 2 wax aliens. Really like how the teeth came out after polishing.

IMG_7049 Kopie.JPG

IMG_7052 Kopie.JPG

IMG_7053 Kopie.JPG

IMG_7055 Kopie.JPG

First bronze cast. the result looks really not bad after the first overview. some areas need some welding but the most small details came out pretty good, especially the teeth. no scabs at all or cracks in the mold. But I´ll have to sandblast the figure to see every fine detail. The rest of this week I will not work in the foundry so I ll start finishing this one next week.
Foto-0176.jpg

Foto-0177.jpg

Foto-0178.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back