Flatliners reboot.......My shocked face :0

FacePalm.jpg

In case it makes any difference, its actually a sequel, not a reboot. A character from the original returns in this film.

I always thought the premise was pretty interesting and the first one wasnt exactly a smash success, so maybe they can do better this time.

In case it makes any difference, its actually a sequel, not a reboot. A character from the original returns in this film.

I always thought the premise was pretty interesting and the first one wasnt exactly a smash success, so maybe they can do better this time.

Maybe it's because I'm in the medical field that the premise is completely preposterous to me.

It's like a heist movie about a bunch of college kids who figure they can break the bank at Monte Carlo by going double or nothing on all lost bets so they can always win in the end. That's how much sense it makes to me.

I can't suspend enough disbelief to enjoy a film that's founded on so much fallacy. If you were to induce a fatal dysrhythmia in a person applying direct current cardioversion ("shocking") has a miniscule chance of bringing them back at all - even with effective cpr in a hospital setting with a dedicated experienced code team. They don't even have IV access, as I recall. Even in the most ideal setting you can have anoxic brain injury from an underperfused brain during protracted cpr.

Last edited:

On top of that, for me a reboot is for a series of movies like Batman and Spiderman while a remake is a single movie like The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back