Baby Driver - Elgort Jacket

Why did I see an xsmall version of the grey one on eBay about a month ago? Also if you search with google image you can find official picture of a model wearing it.
View attachment 748622

View attachment 748617

That eBay jacket was bought by a friend of mine! It came from Burbank, and while he's still looking into it the running theory is that it may have been part of a lot discarded by the Baby Driver production because it's tiny and ended up at "It's a Wrap!", the thrift store in Burbank which purchases lots from movies and TV shows. While that image does come up on Nordstrom's site (they distribute Topshop's products stateside), I don't believe it was ever actually sold there - just an item they expected to receive but never went into production/distribution. Seriously - try to find any other images of it. It's really difficult!

Topman has actually been really generous in talking with us about the jackets, even offering to help locate stock of items or try to track down where the ridged material came from - but even they hit a dead end on that grey jacket after receiving the information Jay sent from its tag:

20623871_10155857579942952_620100131_n.png

As you can see, we've been pounding the pavement on this one. By all means, if you find anything different, please let us know!

The closest black match I could find to my screen-worn jacket has the same model numbers, the same zipper, the same pattern, and is the same size and material, but the stitching around the pockets is slightly different and the seam down the back overlaps the opposite side from the film jacket. Pretty close, though. It may match the versions with straight black "tabs" next to the zipper at the waist; I'll have to do some more comparisons:

20615335_10211047521198906_997854250_o.jpg20563032_10211047489758120_96107260_n.jpg

Damn, then there's no chance of finding it....I`m thinking of bleaching parts of my black jacket now...(it has the correct ribbing on the bottom and sleeves)

Damn, then there's no chance of finding it....I`m thinking of bleaching parts of my black jacket now...(it has the correct ribbing on the bottom and sleeves)

Let us know how that goes, if you do! Would you disassemble it, bleach/dye, then reassemble? Bleach can be pretty destructive and doesn't always pull black towards a lighter neutral shade - maybe give color remover a go first? Looking forward to seeing how it comes out!

What's the jacket made of? If it's got polyester or any synthetic fabrics in it I really wouldn't do that. Bleach tends to react badly with synthetic fabrics and can turn them ugly shades of brown/yellow. It can also weaken the fibers, whether it's synthetic or natural.

The outer shell of the film jackets at least is 100% cotton, but the lining and cuffs will definitely not be...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey folks, I just bought one of Ansel's stunt outfits from the Mall chase scene that includes the iconic bomber. If anyone needs any refs or has questions I'll do my best to answer :) This thread has been a lot of help in working on getting Baby's togs down to perfect match so I want to return the favor.

I haven't had time yet but last week I got my custom Baby Jacket back from the tailor. It came out beautifully and I'll make sure to post up some pictures soon. Couldn't be more happier.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I just bought a wardrobe set for "Baby" jacket (not the iconic one), shirt and pants. I can't wait to get a nice replica to put with the shirt and pants! The jacket the lot came with will probably be worn. It's awesome!

I have one of the screen-used jackets and would be happy to help with any pictures/information you guys need. It is indeed assembled from a couple Topman jackets. The black one is, I believe, still in production but the taupe/grey used for the collar, waist and sleeves is hard to find.

Hi there. Thank you so much for your help. Can you tell me what color the base of the jacket is. Is it Black or Navy blue? Thank you

Here is my Baby Driver Jacket in 3 different types lighting. It is made from two jackets, the New Look Cotton Bomber in Stone and Navy from ASOS. I can live without the two elastic bands around the waist and sleeve ribs since it turned out perfectly for what I want, and it fits like a glove.

Un86z2tl.jpg

jBGsMcrl.jpg

J04I67il.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there. Thank you so much for your help. Can you tell me what color the base of the jacket is. Is it Black or Navy blue? Thank you

It's jet black; there's a clear & accurate pic a handful of posts up. Also described in each listing from the VIP screen-used items!

Here is my Baby Driver in 3 different types lighting. It is made from two jackets, the New Look Cotton Bomber in Stone and Navy from ASOS. I can live without the two elastic bands around the waist and sleeve ribs since it turned out perfectly for what I want, and it fits like a glove.

View attachment 752486

View attachment 752484

View attachment 752488

Nicely done! Did you send them to a tailor/seamstress or combine them yourself?

Nicely done! Did you send them to a tailor/seamstress or combine them yourself?

Thank you very much. I had to have a local tailor combine them sadly. I have very little sewing skills to do such a complicated project XD They did a fantastic job though. I'm very happy with it.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Here is my Baby Driver Jacket in 3 different types lighting. It is made from two jackets, the New Look Cotton Bomber in Stone and Navy from ASOS. I can live without the two elastic bands around the waist and sleeve ribs since it turned out perfectly for what I want, and it fits like a glove.

View attachment 752486

View attachment 752484

View attachment 752488

About how much did it cost you to get the two jackets Frankenstein'd together? Might be thinking of going this route.

Hi folks, so I was just wondering if it would be possible to use a dark navy fabric spray paint on the New Look Cotton Bomber in Stone, since it is 100% cotton it should absorb the paint well and would be significantly cheaper (if a little lower quality) than stitching together the 2 jackets.

I figure I could just mask off the areas I want to leave in white and as long as I leave the jacket laying flat to dry it shouldn't bleed too badly.

Hi folks, so I was just wondering if it would be possible to use a dark navy fabric spray paint on the New Look Cotton Bomber in Stone, since it is 100% cotton it should absorb the paint well and would be significantly cheaper (if a little lower quality) than stitching together the 2 jackets.

I figure I could just mask off the areas I want to leave in white and as long as I leave the jacket laying flat to dry it shouldn't bleed too badly.

It sounds pretty risky to me. But I wonder if the fabric spray would alter the texture

It should only cost me about £30 to do it this way, so I'm probably just gonna give it a go. I think it should turn out ok since it's not too intricate, and the paint bleeding won't be horrifically noticeable.
I'll be sure to test it on a sock first though.

I am tempted to buy the ebay jacket, but am waiting to see what gets created here. Unfortunately I have a tight budget though.

I may be interested in this jacket as well, depending on accuracy and price of course.

For those that are fans of other items from the film-

Repost from other jacket thread:

I have located the black sun glasses in the beginning of the movie, nice case and accessories but the glasses were just ok.But only like $20 through amazon. I found the red Modo sunglasses ( even though he only has them long enough to get them smacked off, I liked the look), and found a great deal since they have been discontinued. (hard to locate).
I ordered the black ! ic sunglasses he puts on after the red ones, but haven't received them yet. We will see if I get the real deal on that order, it was also a deal. If it falls through I would appreciate if anyone has found a basement price on them.

I have also done the leg work to find a OCTANE coffee T-shirt. I know none of the characters ever wear one in the movie, but I like the logo, and you see the coffee shop and the logo a couple of times in the movie, so I placed a couple of calls and have a woman working on it for me. Not sure if there is more than 1 version. But I am hoping for just the plain logo just like on the cups or the store front window. I can update you guys if there is any interest. On a side note Octane Coffee company was purchased by another company a few months ago, so I am unsure how long they will keep the Octane name/ logo around.

It is actually Octane Coffee and bar, and they are based in the Atlanta area.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back