NEW Blade Runner 2049 J.W. bottle - PICTURES PAGE 8

That is so ugly.

Im curious, does customs X-ray every package that comes into the country?

Yeah, I was pretty angry about it Clutch because it was stopped and they opened the bottle which means that even if I wanted to drink it I can't - because the seal has been tampered with.

It sat in quarantine for just under 4 weeks and part of the $200.00 was I assume for board and lodging for my bottle in the quarantine offices.

Its a gorgeous bottle though and I have no regrets.
Australian J.Walker didn't make it available here...

Regards,
MARK

That is so ugly.

Im curious, does customs X-ray every package that comes into the country?

Its unlikely Panaflex because of the sheer volume of goods arriving but I know that they have had a massive upswing in security and screening in recent months so, anything is possible.

Cheers,
MARK

I know I do not know the details but wouldn't if have been easier just to have someone send you an empty bottle?

What's the consensus on this stuff? Local store has 8 bottles available for around $95 each... it's very tempting to pick up at least one.

SCORE! On a recent business trip to Los Angeles, I picked up two of these beauties at Costco.

They were the last two bottles left and they were in the safe!

Paid $89.99 each.

24959091_10155929185393493_3019037772751855780_o.jpg

I'm from Alaska and we weren't going to get any of this awesome stuff so on my trip to Los Angeles I decided to nab 4. drank one, gifted the other, locked away one and the last is for display. snagged some legit Cibi glasses to pair with it. I cant believe some of the price these bottles are going for now
IMG_1891.JPG
IMG_2101.jpgIMG_2110.jpg

Yeah, horrible? I haven't tried JW before... I'm curious.

I was going to crack open a bottle when I got mine but, they were doing the 1 per customer per day crap. Not sure why, they had 9 bottles in the display cabinet and more in the back apparently. I haven't had a chance to go back and pick up another yet.

My online order FINALLY shipped. GOOD GAWD this stuff is horrible!!!!

But if anyone is still looking for a bottle just let me know.

This comment made me chuckle (with you, not at!), I'm curious though, are you a whisky drinker? Personally I love Black Label and could drink it all day, if that wouldn't result in my being a paralytic vomitous zombie, which is a state I'd arrive at in a matter of minutes. Though the first time I tried it couple decades ago I was more of the opinion "so people are actually able to drink this gasoline?"

So yeah just curious really, since there is no way I'll be able to ever get hold of this stuff. I'd heard the "director's cut" is different to regular Black Label, another poster described it as "smokier".

Like most things, its subjective.
I'm not a whisky snob but have been trying different kinds the past year. I used to think people who used adjectives like smokey, peaty etc. we're putting me on.
After a few different bottles I could tell there were some differences.

Best example I can think of for the 2049 compared to reg. JWB is like the difference between cooking a steak in a skillet vs. over a wood fired BBQ.
The 2049 is like the steak cooked on the BBQ; you'll taste the smoke. It also has a higher alcohol content so you will feel the difference after draining your Cibi glass!

Last edited:
My online order FINALLY shipped. GOOD GAWD this stuff is horrible!!!!

But if anyone is still looking for a bottle just let me know.

I don't know that I would use the term "horrible", though I don't care for it. At all. Not even a little. I think it's the "smokiness" that puts me off. I don't normally drink whiskey, I am a solid bourbon man. I know that they are technically the same, however bourbon has a tendency to be a bit sweeter, no smoke, and certainly not as overwhelming as scotch whiskey.

I snagged a bottle from the junkyard for a pretty decent price a few weeks ago. Black Label isn't great, but I've definitely had worse. Not what I would consider a sipping whiskey, more so something I'd mix with coke. Either way I don't regret my purchase, the bottle is pretty damn cool. It's currently sitting on my minibar, refilled it with a much nicer whiskey.

I’m a whiskey guy, and I’d actually prefer to drink the normal black label.

The 2049 has the ‘wow’ factor for just existing IMO. I’ll break it out to show off and give sample tastes. Also when the film comes out on blue ray:)

This bottle is good. Not great, but not bad either. However after a long day’s work I’ll probably reach for the black label.

I'm a spirits guy and a regular JW black label drinker. It's a good drink, if scotch is your thing. There isn't a significant difference between the director's cut and standard black label bottling to my palette, save the greater heat due to the higher alcohol percentage. It's good for sipping, or a scotch-heavy cocktail like a Rusty Nail (I make one w my own recipe featuring the director's cut as the star and served in a cibi glass; I call it the Rusty Blade). As far as blended scotch goes, the standard black label is one of the better ones out there, but no blendeds really compare to single malts in my experience. As far as some of the other JW releases goes, double black is a much smokier version of black label (far more than the director's cut, and far cheaper), blue label is is a good smooth drink but insanely overpriced and hyped, and red label isn't good enough to clean my grill.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back