NEW Blade Runner 2049 J.W. bottle - PICTURES PAGE 8

Howdy people,

2 questions:

1) Never drank whiskey before. I've noticed some labels say "drink it with a cold glass of water", others say "drink it with ice" and others "drink it with ginger ale". In your opinion, whats the best way to experience this particular version?

2) Has anyone started a run to turn the cap on this bottle to something more screen accurate? :D

Cheers!

Drinking scotch is all personal preference, mate.

sip a little straight, to get the actual taste, then add a splash of water if needed, or mix as recommended from a recipe.

if you have it on the rocks, IMO no more than 1 or 2 cubes

agian, this is all just my opinion.

Last edited:
if you have it on the rocks, IMO no more than 1 or 2 cubes

speaking of rocks and quoting bob on Roger Rabbitt...lol

I once backed some sort of kickstarter for a bunch of actual rocks made up of silicates (close to talc or something like that) that were supposed to cool whiskey without affecting the taste.... i tried them with water and the taste was horrible LOL so I guess it was just a scampaign....

so whats ur preferred way? alone?

Yes, I like it straight. Maybe with a splash of water to dilute a little, depends on the drink.

You don't want to water the drink down to were you're only tasting water with a hit of scotch.

thats why just one or two ice cubes, they melt:) and if there's too much you're just wasting money(at a bar) and/or your scotch.

speaking of rocks and quoting bob on Roger Rabbitt...lol

I once backed some sort of kickstarter for a bunch of actual rocks made up of silicates (close to talc or something like that) that were supposed to cool whiskey without affecting the taste.... i tried them with water and the taste was horrible LOL so I guess it was just a scampaign....

so whats ur preferred way? alone?

Dude !!! They actually made those. I saw them in a store. They were made of some soft stone and were nice little squares. I almost bought a box so I could carve the stones into little statues. If they would have been a bit bigger, I would have bought them.

Just checked eBay. They are there. Typed stone ice cubes.

Howdy people,

2 questions:

1) Never drank whiskey before. I've noticed some labels say "drink it with a cold glass of water", others say "drink it with ice" and others "drink it with ginger ale". In your opinion, whats the best way to experience this particular version?

2) Has anyone started a run to turn the cap on this bottle to something more screen accurate? :D

Cheers!

Try it every way and decide! I like my scotch and Irish whisky neat (no ice) and definitely not mixed with anything. Occasionally in the summer I might toss a few cubes in Bourbon whiskey (at least 51% corn, sweeter) and I'll mix some Rye whiskeys (at least 51% rye, more bite) with soda. Depending on the oil content, a few drops of water, seriously like eye dropper of water can really bring out the flavor. Explore the world of whisk(e)y and have fun!

Success!

BladeRunner.JPG

Just a reminder that contrary to what some people say, these are not sold out everywhere and there's no need to pay double or triple the original price of them.

Just look around online and you can still find them at retail price or cheaper. (In the US, at least.)

Howdy people,

2 questions:

Cheers!

I prefer it on the rocks. I use one of the big sphere ice moulds to make the ice. The spheres melt slower and I don't put a ton in the glass at a time so it doesn't get very diluted before I drink it.

No ice with a splash of water is good too, the water helps open it up.

Just a reminder that contrary to what some people say, these are not sold out everywhere and there's no need to pay double or triple the original price of them.

Just look around online and you can still find them at retail price or cheaper. (In the US, at least.)

Tell that to the people starting to jack up the price here in the junk yard.

I drink mine neat with a Cigar and an Intern.

) Never drank whiskey before. I've noticed some labels say "drink it with a cold glass of water", others say "drink it with ice" and others "drink it with ginger ale". In your opinion, whats the best way to experience this particular version?

Dude !!! They actually made those. I saw them in a store. They were made of some soft stone and were nice little squares. I almost bought a box so I could carve the stones into little statues. If they would have been a bit bigger, I would have bought them.

Just checked eBay. They are there. Typed stone ice cubes.

Yeah I'm not saying I never got them. I did. Just that the tasteless portion of their motto wasn't accurate.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back